Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 96 hobie skiff yesterday, just waiting for the wind to die down so i can head out for stripers anybody have any luck lately? i know not a lot of northern guys on this site but im 30 minutes from the susky flats if anyone wants to fish im always looking for a fishing partner to share poling duties for striper and carp fishing. i only fly fish but if you spin or baitcast thats fine with me too.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for fixing it for me. I played with those stupid pictures for an hour and then gave up. The flats are great 3 to 7 feet deep and hold stripers up to 50lbs in the spring. Don't go on a weekend it's a mad house. Did you ever finish your skiff?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size motor are you looking for? I have a few small motors around the house.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Nate, man when I first saw this thread I thought YOU were the one who bought the boat. I was about to call you out! lol

Jeff, that is a sweet boat you have there. So, since you fly fish for stripers what do you use? Sinking line on an 8wt? What flies?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the spring when they're shallow I fish floaters usually between 8 and 10 weights depending on the size flies I'm throwing. When summer moves in ill go to full sinking 350 grain line. I like fishing ep flies and recently I've been using a fly developed for musky but stripers like them too. Ill put a pic up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts