Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went and picked up the new prop today from Jack. It’s going on a tohatsu 50. Not able to test it until Thursday but will report back on performance. Jack said this is the one for running jacked way up and shooting out the hole. Here are a couple pics for those that are curious what it looks like.

53F9725D-C0F0-4DCF-860C-B9BED6C18D67.jpeg

li 3FC3E195-4659-44F9-B1A2-A87D6B4F1926.jpeg

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
181 Posts
Jack Foreman - Crossroad Propeller
(361) 552-2789 office

(361) 649-2789 mobile

1950 farik road
Port Lavaca, TX 77979

·
I Love microskiff.com!
181 Posts
Try both numbers and leave a text on the mobile with your contact info and boat/motor.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,409 Posts
His props are legit. Same prop and motor on my Glades X. Can run around all day jacked up and it never slips or blows out it you have a cav plate mounted.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Same boat/motor. Curious to see how this one turns out. I've tried a few different props but weirdly enough the stock prop performed the best so far.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Went and picked up the new prop today from Jack. It’s going on a tohatsu 50. Not able to test it until Thursday but will report back on performance.
Yo! How did this prop work out? Are you running a jack plate on your Cayo?

The numbers with my stock prop are pretty solid. No jack plate. 11x16 aluminum. 29-30 mph cruise at 4600 rpm with full fuel, fly gear, and a passenger. Fuel burn is something stupid like 11 mpg.

This is with my passenger sitting next to me. 4400 rpm and 29mph

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yo! How did this prop work out? Are you running a jack plate on your Cayo?

The numbers with my stock prop are pretty solid. No jack plate. 11x16 aluminum. 29-30 mph cruise at 4600 rpm with full fuel, fly gear, and a passenger. Fuel burn is something stupid like 11 mpg.

This is with my passenger sitting next to me. 4400 rpm and 29mph
unfortunately had some stuff come up and delayed getting the skiffs out this weekend. Hopefully really soon. I’ll definitely report back when I get some numbers. I’m running an atlas micro jackplate and a cav plate. Talked to Jack and he said that’s the only way I would maximize the props performance so take that for what it’s worth. Those are pretty good numbers with the stock prop. What type setup are you running? Mine is a tiller with the coffin box console so should be similar weight as your wheel setup.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Mine is just the 50 4 stroke tohatsu, stock prop, and tabs. Nothing really special about it. It doesn't like to run out past 5500, the prop loses grip easily at that speed. Same with getting on plane with any trim. I've stepped down to an 11x15 but I lost more cruising speed than I would like have given up. It would scare the hell of you if you put it to the dash suddenly.

I wouldn't mind trying a 12x15 which is why I'm curious to see how your 12.5x14 performs. Especially with a heavily cupped prop.

·
Registered
116 Posts
unfortunately had some stuff come up and delayed getting the skiffs out this weekend. Hopefully really soon. I’ll definitely report back when I get some numbers. I’m running an atlas micro jackplate and a cav plate. Talked to Jack and he said that’s the only way I would maximize the props performance so take that for what it’s worth. Those are pretty good numbers with the stock prop. What type setup are you running? Mine is a tiller with the coffin box console so should be similar weight as your wheel setup.
Any updates on your setup?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any updates on your setup?
I’m not getting the top end I would really like (about 34 WOT with fly gear) but the thing shoots out the hole and holds water well jacked all the way up. If I can remember right I think she’s turning around 5900

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,360 Posts
I’m not getting the top end I would really like (about 34 WOT with fly gear) but the thing shoots out the hole and holds water well jacked all the way up. If I can remember right I think she’s turning around 5900
If you had asked for speed, he would have delivered speed. 34 wot speed is better or equal to any other skiff with the Foreman prop I have ever seen.(50-70 HP)

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,409 Posts
If you had asked for speed, he would have delivered speed. 34 wot speed is better or equal to any other skiff with the Foreman prop I have ever seen.(50-70 HP)
I'm probably running 32-33 mph myself with a Tohatsu 50. But with that prop the holeshot and grip is impressive as hell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed. I would rather trade speed for ability to run skinny and take off shallow when needed. Prop does exactly what jack builds his props to do just wishful thinking for more top end when make a long run down the IC

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,078 Posts
Agreed. I would rather trade speed for ability to run skinny and take off shallow when needed. Prop does exactly what jack builds his props to do just wishful thinking for more top end when make a long run down the IC
You could always get a speed prop and swap them when you want to run skinny...
I’m the same, I’d rather run skinny, have hole shot and be able to stay hooked up with the motor jacked up than run fast. Props are like a slide ruler and each end of the slide is holeshot and top end. The props we run can’t do both well but you can find a nice compromise. My Yamaha 2 stroke 70 barely hits 5200rpm but the holeshot will throw you off the back instead of hitting the rev limiter and throwing a rooster tail of mud like I see a lot of guys doing trying to jump up in the back lakes.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,057 Posts
You could always get a speed prop and swap them when you want to run skinny...
I’m the same, I’d rather run skinny, have hole shot and be able to stay hooked up with the motor jacked up than run fast. Props are like a slide ruler and each end of the slide is holeshot and top end. The props we run can’t do both well but you can find a nice compromise. My Yamaha 2 stroke 70 barely hits 5200rpm but the holeshot will throw you off the back instead of hitting the rev limiter and throwing a rooster tail of mud like I see a lot of guys doing trying to jump up in the back lakes.
I learned that the glades has cap rock just under the mud. It took out my PT prop, prop shaft, crank shaft and the #2 cylinder from ingesting all of the crank and bearing metal. Now I'm afraid to till the mud these days.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts