Google This

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Jun 24, 2008.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Al Gore's House

A Freakin Mazing !!!

Dave

2. phlatsphil

phlatsphil Well-Known Member

He's rich, what do you expect? He's from a long line of rich politicians. Google "bush compound" for comparison.

3. noeettica

ahhh but he is supposed to be Mr. nobel prize super Tree hugger ...
    He don't walk the walk !!!

4. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

I read a thing on there that said Gores house was one of the greenest houses in the country. While most houses were operating at 30% he was at 11%. Dont see where you're going with this.

5. JRH

JRH Well-Known Member

"If we truly believe that we are all equal, then we should live together, too."

- John Edwards

This is Mr. Edwards 28,200 square foot home in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. To my knowledge, he hasn't invited a single poverty stricken person to "live together" with him.

[​IMG]

6. noeettica

I try real hard to help the "poverty Stricken " but Most of them are Mentally Ill and or drug addicts ... To provide a few hundred dollars of aid It ends up costing Thousands ...

Broken windows , Thefts ,,, Late Night Begging .... Threats ! ...

[smiley=1-headache.gif]

Dave

7. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

I just spent 16 hours in classes & many more studying to become a "LEED AP" which is a Green Building Accredited Professional. Now he can have a "green" building by several means with reduction in energy use one part of it, but the caveat is, the reduction % is based of what his compound would use with normal fixtures vs. low/reduced energy fixtures. Follow me?

It is a load of BS to make people feel better (IMHO with a house that large). Granted he is doing better but still burns through many many more resources and you, me or my next door neighbor.

8. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

I dont know. Read for yourself.

http://ecotality.com/life/2007/12/13/al-gore-makes-his-mansion-greener/

Al Gore Makes His Mansion Greener
    The Associated Press reports that former Vice President and current Nobel Price-winning global-warming prophet Al Gore has greened up his Nashville mansion:

Al Gore, who was criticized for high electric bills at his Tennessee mansion, has completed a host of improvements to make the home more energy efficient, and a building-industry group has praised the house as one of the nation’s most environmentally friendly. The former vice president has installed solar panels, a rainwater-collection system and geothermal heating. He also replaced all incandescent lights with compact fluorescent or light-emitting diode bulbs.

“Short of tearing it down and staring anew, I don’t know how it could have been rated any higher,” said Kim Shinn of the U.S. Green Building Council, which gave the house its second-highest rating for sustainable design.

Gore’s improvements cut the home’s summer electrical consumption by 11 percent compared with a year ago, according to utility records reviewed by The Associated Press. Most Nashville homes used 20 percent to 30 percent more electricity during the same period because of a record heat wave.

Nice to see that someone whose been talking for years like its a crisis has finally started acting like its a crisis.