Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I also enjoyed this book.

In addition I'd recommend two books by Jerry Dennis, "A Place on the Water" and "The River Home". Fly fishing based short stories that, although not saltwater related, are excellent reads.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is a great read. I read it prior to my trip to East End Lodge last November. Met Walter Reckley (Reckley?), who guides for EEL; great guy. My dad fishes with Chris in Montana and has nothing but great things to say about him as a guide, writer, and person.

·
Towee Calusa
288 Posts
It is a great read. I read it prior to my trip to East End Lodge last November. Met Walter Reckley (Reckley?), who guides for EEL; great guy. My dad fishes with Chris in Montana and has nothing but great things to say about him as a guide, writer, and person.
What did you think of EEL? I fished Grand Bahama some years ago and probably some of the best bonefishing I have ever done. Have entertained going back but want to go to Andros first.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really enjoyed it. The bones were definitely bigger than what we've experienced in the Abacos and the guides also got super stoked when we told them we wanted to target cudas on the fly. We caught multiple 5lb bones across a 4 day span and caught some monster cudas as well; one went 51". The accommodations were more than adequate and the fact they limit their number of guests to 10 or so is also a plus. I would definitely go back. I have heard the bones in Andros are up there in size as well...lots of singles and doubles, which is similar to Grand Bahama.

·
Towee Calusa
288 Posts
I really enjoyed it. The bones were definitely bigger than what we've experienced in the Abacos and the guides also got super stoked when we told them we wanted to target cudas on the fly. We caught multiple 5lb bones across a 4 day span and caught some monster cudas as well; one went 51". The accommodations were more than adequate and the fact they limit their number of guests to 10 or so is also a plus. I would definitely go back. I have heard the bones in Andros are up there in size as well...lots of singles and doubles, which is similar to Grand Bahama.
x2 on just what you said from my experience there. Also x2 on the Abaco bones - not to complain but you can only catch a certain amount of "bananas" before your interest starts to wane. The Grand Bahama bones were of healthy size, and I have never seen what looks like a cloud but is really a huge school of bonefish like we did on Grand Bahama. And yes the cudas with a tube lure were a hoot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts