Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The livewell in my AC1622 stopped working. I bought a new johnson 1000 gph cartridge pump and swapped it out. It worked briefly and then stopped working again. I've done a lot of troubleshooting but am about stumped. The voltage at the pump is about 12.4v without the pump running. The moment I turn the pump on the voltage at the pump drops to 10.8v and then bounces around. The pump stopped working and just makes a slight thumping noise which coincides with the voltage drops. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what I should try or know of a marine mechanic in the Sarasota or nearby area that is great with this sort of thing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not much to this system. I would replace the switch first, I have found that most electrical pump issues usually start there. I don’t know how old your wiring is but if the switch doesn’t fix it then run new wires. It’s relatively cheap to do this considering the cost of a mechanic.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I ran new wires and am hoing that fixes it. I did try switching the switch out with another one and that didn't fix it, so I don't think that is the problem.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground. When
you replaced the wire did you use tinned wire or just auto supply stuff ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts