Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,179 Posts
I also like the Tidal, I had it in an 8. Not fast action in my opinion but very smooth & predictable action.
Definitely not a fast action compared to most but I think people have gotten obsessed over a “fast” rod. I’d call the Tidal moderately fast. I have no problem bombing out the whole line with it but let’s be honest, that’s not realistic in fishing. I’ve got no problem putting it out there where I want it at 60’ with just one or two false casts.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,179 Posts
Bombing the whole line?! You are a better caster than I sir!
Let's be honest though, I'm gonna need dead-ass calm, perfect conditions to do that. And I think I have only ever cast to a fish at 90' or so maybe once in about 15 years of almost exclusively fly fishing. And that fish was downwind. Casting like that is sort of line long-drive competitions. It's sort of a dick-measuring contest but of little practical use on the water. Just be able to hit a pie plate at 60' with just one or two false casts and you're golden.

Quick accurate casts, understanding how to feed a fish, and being able to see fish in the water are going to put you ahead 90% of the people out there. And to be clear, I need to be better at all 3 of those things myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.