SOLD/EXPIRED Good Deal on Truck

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Kemo, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

Not mine, but I know the owner, who is very meticulous and is a very honest person.  Heavy duty Chevy Z71.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/943620600.html

PM me if you need more info.  Thanks.

Kemo   :cool:

2. Kemo

TTT. My friend needs to sell. This is a great deal. Please tell your friends, especially if they have a large boat or need a great work truck. The higher mileage is not that important with this diesel, and it has had great care. Thanks.

3. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

WTF? this should have sold by now, even more so with the recession on.

Is it a stepside? or fleetside or whatever they call it? Can't tell from the picture.

4. Kemo

Thanks. I thought it would get scarfed up right away. If I didn't already have a very nice truck, I'd buy it. I'll ask her for some more pics and post them.

Kemo :cool:

5. Kemo

Re: Good Deal on Truck - More Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kemo

TTT. Still available. Still a good deal. Thanks.

7. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

what engine is in this truck?

I know its a diesel but, what motor is in it?

8. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

should be a 6.2 or 6.5 detroit diesel.....I think. :-/

9. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

6.5 sounds right I knew it was a detroit but, i dint know what size.

whats the milage and asking price on this truck?

10. Kemo

Sorry, my friend's post on Craig's List expired.  Here's the text of the original post:

1996 CHEVY Z71 6.5 TURBO DIESEL 1500 4/W/D.SHORT BED, HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION
    AND TOW PACKAGE. NEW 10 PLY TIRES (4). TRANSMISSION AND TRANSFER CASE
    JUST REBUILT 10-15-08. LINE-X BEDLINER AND COVER. I AM 2ND OWNER OF VEHICLE AND HAVE OWNED IT SINCE 2000. ADULT DRIVEN BY FEMALE. VEHICLE HAS BEED PROPERLY AND REGULARLY MAINTAINED BY M.B.V.W. AUTO REPAIR IN ORMOND. HAS ICE COLD AIR.
    PRICE IS 5000.00 AND IS FIRM. 386-490-0238

As I said before, she is a meticulous person, and wants to be extremely fair.  She had the tranny done and the 10-ply tires put on it because she felt bad that it wouldn't be fair to the buyer otherwise.

I have more info if you want it.  PM me.  Thanks.

Kemo   :cool:

11. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

this truck still available? whats the towing capacity?

12. Kemo

Truck is still available. Owner will look at manual today and let me know the towing capacity specifications and I will post ASAP. The truck was being used to tow a 6,000 LB 23' Formula boat on a tandem trailer, so you could probably tow just about anything with it. I know you are in Homestead, and the truck is in the Daytona area. Is that a problem? Even with the travel, this is still a good deal, IMHO.

13. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

i know your a little far, but hey, road trip, right? Just let me know the specs asap as the boat it is going to be towing is quite large and heavy (34 ft proline)....

14. Kemo

Sorry this took so long.  Her owner's manual said 6500 lbs.  That just didn't sound right for this rig.  I went on the intardnet and did some searching.  Seems GM lists their towing weight in the owners manual for only the base small V8 2-wheel drive model.  As though there weren't any options.  Duh, no wonder they need to be bailed out by us.  However, my searches found that this truck could easily tow 9600 lbs with that big diesel, beefed up suspension and towing package.  But I couldn't find the weight of a 34 ft. Proline.  But a 35 ft. on their website, with trailer, hit almost 15,000 lbs., with inboard.  With outboards, a little less.  Anyway, I think you're looking at a minimum of a 2500, not a 1500 truck.  Maybe a 3500.  Do you already have this boat (a very nice boat, incidentally).  My buddy has a "camper" that he tows with his Dodge 1500 diesel that weighs over 10,000 lbs.  And the Chevy is rated higher than the Dodge.  How far will you have to tow it?

So I don't know what to tell you, other than if you want to tow something as big as a 34 ft. Proline, I hope you have a good and secure job (Ha-ha).  It's going to be expensive, as is the boat maintenance.  If I could afford it, I'd buy a Grady White.  And the truck I'd need to tow it.  So, maybe you could ask around and see what some of the other folks are doing with rigs like this.  Hope you are successful in getting what you want.  Thanks for your intertest. Let me know if you need any other info.

15. kershelbarfield

kershelbarfield Well-Known Member

They weren't making Duramax Diesels back then? :-?

16. Kemo

I think "Duramax" is just an advertising thing.

And yes, it's still for sale.

17. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Duramax is an Isuzu (not GM) engine and it is a superb engine.

18. Kemo

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. I'm not a GM guy. I have a Ford F-150, but I am a VW person. If they had something besides the Taureg I could pull my boat with, I'd get it.