Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That looks like the one that caught my eye at lowes,was light green color and very light weight wise 👍 only negative to the one i seen was it didnt have a gasket may not be a issue, but it was a nice cooler for smaller boat 👍

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yeti 🙄 thats like buying Levi's when wranglers are cheaper and more fomortable to me anyway 🙂 been wearing loose fit wranglers for years no issues ... bump yeti ...their chairs are untouchable it appears but everything else is over priced IMHO

·
I Love Skinny Water
7,189 Posts
I like it, I'd get one but I don't need one. I was given a Yeti that I use for bottles of water and to stand on. Then there my Igloo 48 that holds good and I've and is a seat in front of my console. They both keep ice pretty long

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks like the one that caught my eye at lowes,was light green color and very light weight wise 👍 only negative to the one i seen was it didnt have a gasket may not be a issue, but it was a nice cooler for smaller boat 👍
Looking at it, there is a recess in lid that could easily accept a gasket and honestly appears made for a gasket. It matches up with a small lip around cooler opening. No other reason for the recess. Lid fits nice and tight as is.
Jeans Shoe Leg Cooler Sneakers

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
^^^^ yes i noticed that also if the parts lid and bottom fit snuggly there may be no need for a seal ,its a nice light weight cooler ill probably pick one up for my gig boat to keep the Bottle water from getting fishy LOL

·
I love my microskiff
1998 AC 1890 Gheenoe 13HS
417 Posts
Bought one of these Igloo Overland 25qt here recently after seeing this thread. Great quality cooler and rugged for the price, IMO. I can stand on it no problem (190lbs) and as others have said, even though it is not as heavy and not constructed like the yetis/rtics/etc., it's hundred(s) less than comparable size rotomolded coolers.

I don't need to hold ice for 6 days or anything crazy like that.....

Only negative is that there are no rubber feet- it is a typical hard plastic bottom. But I plan to add rubber feet (cheap and easy from amazon - usually for furniture or cutting boards) as I have done on other coolers with great results.

Just FYI. Stay cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts