Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bringing my boat up to SSI for the summer. I wont ask for secret spots, but feel free to send any.

Curious is the ramp at Village Creek (closest to where ill be staying) has water hose hookups? or the one at the causeway? those seem the most popular. i can bring my rinsekit if not, but id rather not.

Also, other than a fishing license is there anything special i need to use my boat in the SSI area like passes or permits? Its registered in Florida, Ill be there off and on for 5 weeks.

thanks!

PS i thought it over and i do want secret spots please - but only for flounder - i love flounder and we don't have many in the glades. just enough to make me crazy to eat more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a simple water hose at Village Creek. No permits needed that I’m aware of.

Mind the tides there. The launch dries up fast as low tide approaches. On a big negative low, you might need close to two hours before low to make it back. Or just stay out through the incoming.

The best flounder spot I knew there stopped producing (for me, at least) a while back. Not telling where I find the reds.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i try to run the beaches on a calm day in my PF17T am i going to see any tripletail? is it that time of year june/july?

·
Zero Interest
302 Posts
if i try to run the beaches on a calm day in my PF17T am i going to see any tripletail? is it that time of year june/july?
Triple tail are up here right now so I would think they have to be there. I've caught floaters off the NE end of Jekyll. Once you see boats, you are in the right area.

·
Registered
310 Posts
What kind of boat are you bringing?

Village has a water hook up.

The launch definitely dries up. you can launch 2 hours before the low and take out two hours after the low.

Great launch. Lots of small creeks, flats, and access to the sound.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of boat are you bringing?

Village has a water hook up.

The launch definitely dries up. you can launch 2 hours before the low and take out two hours after the low.

Great launch. Lots of small creeks, flats, and access to the sound.
i have a pathfinder 17T - runs fairly skinnny but needs a few extra inches to float. I wont push my luck. But the ramp at the causeway scares me - current looks insane

·
Registered
310 Posts
Village is great, but causeway isn’t to bad it is really easy to hand load the boat with you bow rope if you use the launch closer to the dock. Also if you launch/takeout at dead low or high tide almost no current.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've launched at the causeway, wasn't bad unloading. Then the tide started in, along with a hard wind, and it was hand load only. Later that day Lanier Island was totally submerged, bad news. But generally the ramp isn't bad to load or unload. Great access to plenty of creeks and big water.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm gonna piggyback this thread. Have any of you launched from the ramp under the Hwy 17 bridge on the Brunswick river? How bad is loading and unloading with the tides and wind?

·
Registered
566 Posts
It’s not bad at all there actually a great ramp. You are talking about the one under Sidney linear correct?
Yes. I was planning on heading that way this fall and fish the Turtle and Brunswick River and creeks in that area. It depends on how soon I get my boat rewired and everything finished. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts