Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’m looking at both, but don’t have experience in either. Read a bit on here about there specific stability, but is one better than the other or very similar? Thx

·
Registered
658 Posts
Both are "tippy" but stay on the centerline in either and they are pretty stable. You really need to stand in one on the water to appreciate what they are, and to determine if either one is ideal for your intended purposes. If you're fishing with another angler, make sure both of you are aware/communicate what the other is doing so no one gets tossed over

·
Registered
222 Posts
There's also a big difference among Gheenoe models. I started out with a Highsider and then moved to an LT25, more stable. The Classic model will also be more stable. That said, when trolling around mangroves I used to stand with a foot on either gunnel just behind the nose of the Highsider to get more height and never got wet.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Both will get you where you want to go . Gladesman has a much better build quality . But a noe can be "cheap and good" Don't pay Gladesman prices for a noe ! Example: I have a 15 4 Lowsider with a jack plate for $725 Just saw a Fully rigged Classic noe with a 20 hp 4 stroke go for $3800 BMT ...

Reactions: m32825

·
Registered
17 Posts
Both will get you where you want to go . Gladesman has a much better build quality . But a noe can be "cheap and good" Don't pay Gladesman prices for a noe ! Example: I have a 15 4 Lowsider with a jack plate for $725 Just saw a Fully rigged Classic noe with a 20 hp 4 stroke go for $3800 BMT ...
I couldn’t agree more. People are getting ridiculous over Gheenoes. Don’t get me wrong, they have their place… but for the money some people are asking you can get much more.

·
Registered
795 Posts
When I had an LT25 I felt it was more stable than my buddies gladesmen but to pole and stalk fish in the shallows the gladesmen is the clear winner. I like the layout better, it is quieter and because it is 18' it had the ability to span chop better when running.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Multiple threads on here about that already. I have a Gladesman stay centerline no issue in 2.5 years of use. And I am over 50 but still kinda agile.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
If you want a noe just keep looking . This is what they should go for (2 day old AD) I have bought several at this price ...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've had both a Gheenoe NMZ and a gladesmen. Personally liked the gladesmen better for hunting fish although in my opinion it felt quite a bit tipper than the Gheenoe.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I noe is fine until the chines go under when that happens you sink ... just don't get to that point and you are fine ...

I've had both a Gheenoe NMZ and a gladesmen. Personally liked the gladesmen better for hunting fish although in my opinion it felt quite a bit tipper than the Gheenoe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's a good deal on that palatka gheenoe.
Prices have gotten crazy. There's a $35,000 super gheenoe on CL right now.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
16 Posts
15 6 or Lt25 definitely more table than the gladesman.
Used to fish with two of my buddies sometimes all three of us could get on one side of the lt25 and it would be fine if it wasn’t to rough. Glades men kinda has a round bottom and gheenoe has more squared off bottom making it more stable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts