Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a gladesman and wanted to get platform built for it. I had it at aluminum shop today and we noticed I'm gonna lose sharp left turn from tiller hitting. Anyone have problem with their tiller hitting platform.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I recently purchased a gladesman and wanted to get platform built for it. I had it at aluminum shop today and we noticed I'm gonna lose sharp left turn from tiller hitting. Anyone have problem with their tiller hitting platform.
Hook a casting platform to the back deck using a turn buckle and the latch then you can pole from that,this is the exact reason I bought one without the poling platform. I'll take a pic of mine hooked to the back whenever I get back home this evening. Here is what I do with it whenever running or not using it to pole from it doubles as a seat.
20191006_170748.jpg
on a side note if your fishing solo it's easier to fish from the front with a standup paddleboard paddle imho. Plus eliminates hull slap.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's turning hard right that is damn near impossible, the tiller always hits the port side. I have the same problem and have considered taking it to a welder to match the newer style platforms on the gladesmens
IMG_7077.jpg

·
Registered
671 Posts
No platform is the way to go on these, IMO. Do what backcountry said with something removable like a casting platform or cooler. Otherwise, you need a severe radius on the port side leg, and it may still prevent full range of motion from what I was told.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,after thinking about it I'm sticking to what I have. Dont wanna lose out on my steering any

1 - 10 of 10 Posts