Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently found a new location with ultra clear water. Any advice on fly's to tie up for these spooky snook? Sparse, small, white, etc.? Working on longer lighter leaders as well.

G

·
Was only funnin, but I typically go as light on tippet as I can and make it long. Then I just keep switchen up until I can find what they are willing to eat. I do the same with conventional tackle as well. Also, I start by “matchin the hatch” then if no takes, I will throw something odd that doesn’t fit in with the bait found in the area and try that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tie some different size and color glass minnows. Just mix up a couple different colors of crystal flash. Adjust your eye weight according to depth. Mono to bead to small dumbbell. Also be careful getting too long a leader. More than 10 feet is tough to finesse if fishing cover.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
Top picture, craft fur, Sanyo lazer dub, flash. Second and third pictures, Kanekalon, a substitute for SF blend for a micro fraction of the price. Sold as hair extension for women, comes in several colors condusive to tying flies.
The volume and lenght of a hank of Kanekalon hair is equivalent in size to a horse's tail and sells for half the price of a hank of SF blend that's smaller than a squirrel's tail LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.