Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody fished on one of these very much? How is the ride and shallow floating? Does it have bad porpoising issues?
Thanks

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,429 Posts
No porpoising! It's a great riding boat. Very dry riding boat for it's size, , especially when it's trimmed out right and also has trim tabs. Leans more towards a true flats boat than a technical poling skiff. Expect to see 8-10" draft realistically, depending on power and weight distribution. I would test drive it if you are seriously looking at one, on a windy day in open bay water to see how she rides.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Backwater! I plan on a water test. It sounds like an excellent boat for waters I fish.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No, it's a great riding boat. Very dry! No porpoising, especially when it's trimmed out right and also has trim tabs. Leans more towards a true flats boat than a technical poling skiff. Expect to see 8-10" draft realistically, depending on power and weight distribution. I would test drive it if you are seriously looking at one, on a windy day in open bay water to see how she rides.
This. Only been on one twice but was impressed by the ride. Handled very well and took a wave with ease. Seemed very comparable with my action craft 1720. Definitely a flats boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts