Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the web looking at different platforms for what I like in a boat. I currently have a 16x48 jon with 45hp merc an a jackson DT kilroy. I have not used the jon boat in roughly 2 years an will be selling it this spring. I love my kayak but dislike not having a motor. I am looking for a boat that I can get in to the back water spots fishing bowfishing an trapping. Also like running the hounds using the boat. I am bu myself 95% of the time. Have seen some videos of jon boats that are labled yak killers but these have been built more for bass fishermen. Any one have some insight on these type of boats I would love to hear from you all.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,913 Posts
Salt Marsh Skiffs 1444. Kevlar hull that can be a great utilitarian skiff. Let me know if you want pricing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Salt Marsh Skiffs 1444. Kevlar hull that can be a great utilitarian skiff. Let me know if you want pricing.
I am Interested in pricing. I was just on the website looking at the model's. Im curious how the durability is agaisnt traditional aluminum Jon boats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to demo one of these Saturday, aluminum boat that will get super skinny.

https://www.sabineskiffs.com/copy-of-versatile
Like that boat. Its just a bit longer than what I am looking for. Looking at something in the 14ft range with a with of 42" bottom. Its tough decision for me. I cant say I dont want to own multiple boats just cant afford it lol. Its hard cause one boat cant do all the things I like doing outside really well so I am trying to find one that will do them all ok. I have an easier time choosing a house ha ha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts