Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an LT25 with the front raised deck and double compartments. The previous owner had it built this way and in the compartment closest to the stern is where the (3gallon) fuel tank is. It works and is nice to have weight distribution, however it's a small tank. Does anyone else have this same setup and have managed to fit a larger tank in this compartment?

I want to try and run a 6 gallon tank in there but I don't have a way to test fit before ordering. I plan on doing this and then having a couple 3 or 5 gallon cans in the rear for long trips such as in the everglades.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
191 Posts
I have an LT25 with the front raised deck and double compartments. The previous owner had it built this way and in the compartment closest to the stern is where the (3gallon) fuel tank is. It works and is nice to have weight distribution, however it's a small tank. Does anyone else have this same setup and have managed to fit a larger tank in this compartment?

I want to try and run a 6 gallon tank in there but I don't have a way to test fit before ordering. I plan on doing this and then having a couple 3 or 5 gallon cans in the rear for long trips such as in the everglades.

I can't see the picture but I had an LT 25 with dual rearh hatches, and had a honda 6 gallon tank that fit perfectly in the back hatch. https://www.boats.net/product/honda..._eDE-R3nYT5eIhjctq396R1QUsGvHzjgaAiSDEALw_wcB

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up finding a 6 gallon to fit in the front hatch. All is well. I'll be able to put a 5gallon can in the back and have 11 gallons on board. Pretty good range.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
11 gallons...I get bored after running for an entire weekend with 5. You could easily reach the Bahamas!
The only time ill carry the spare can is when in the Glades. Ill be there for like 5-6 days in a month and it will be nice to not have worry much about fuel. But yeah, up here in SC that 6 gallons will take me all over the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts