Gheenoe LT25 bilge hose routing question

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by RAWillimann, May 15, 2018 at 8:11 PM.

1. RAWillimann

RAWillimann Active Member

Firstly I'll introduce myself as I have long lurked in this forum but never Registered. My name is Roland and I hail from South Florida.

With that out of the way here is my question: This may sound silly but I am looking to use a thru-hull fitting for the bilge for my lt25. The two boxes on either side of the transom perfectly block me from using the easiest route. I do not want to drill through the transom obviously but I'd also rather not have to route the hose through one of those aft boxes as I plan to foam them in. Once foamed in it would be very difficult to gain access to the thru-hull if necessity arose..so my question is: besides simply routing the hose right over the transom has anyone come up with anything else? Curious to see what others have come up with, appreciate any responses, thank you in advance

2. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

I use a "Vintage" washing machine hose the all rubber one with the "hook" goes right over the transom EZ Peezy !

3. RunningOnEmpty

RunningOnEmpty I Love microskiff.com!

It's easy work to get through the flotation foam.

4. RAWillimann

I guess that is just what I'll have to do. Definitely like the clean look of the thru-hull...I'll just have to make sure those hose clamps are on nice and tight. Thank you

5. FlyBy

FlyBy I Love microskiff.com!

I had a LT-25. I put the fitting through the transom outside the boxes.

IMG_0273.JPG

RAWillimann likes this.
  6. RAWillimann

So it can be done! Did you put a riser loop in the hose or is it high enough past the water line?

7. NativeBone

NativeBone Well-Known Member

Fitting thru the transom

Attached Files:

RAWillimann likes this.
  8. NativeBone

NativeBone Well-Known Member

here is another pic from the inside of hull

Attached Files:

RAWillimann likes this.
  9. FlyBy

FlyBy I Love microskiff.com!

I didn't put a reverse loop in the hose, mounted the fitting as high as it would go. I figured if water ran in the fitting as close as it was to the top of the transom I was in enough trouble that a reverse loop wouldn't help.

RunningOnEmpty and RAWillimann like this.
  10. RAWillimann

Looks good to me, guess that's what I'll be doing. Thank you everyone for the responses, greatly appreciate it!