Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Gheenoe LT 10 Front High Deck vs Front Low Deck??

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Henry Lee Fowler IV 
#1 ·
I know this is something of a preference question but I've answered almost all of my big questions on the new LT 10 build and wanted to know what the opinions were. The new LT 10 will have no electronics, except for maybe an auto bilge pump attached to a 12V or cranking battery if I go with an electric start motor (My other question...worth the $400 extra???). The motor will be a 20 HP Tohatsu. I will use a pole instead of trolling motor. Olive exterior and tan interior. The big question I have left is whether to go with a center box and low front deck or no center box (tie downs on the floor for a cooler/seat when desired) with a high front deck?

#9 ·
I had an nmz with raised decks and a center box no grab bar and I'm currently running a Lt25 with the a grab bar. Solo I just step from the beck directly to the box and vise versa. I can go from the front to deck to the rear deck in a few seconds. This method keeps you directly on center line. If you have a passenger do your best lol.

#12 ·
Don’t have a LT10 but running an nmz. Raised decks fore and aft, no center box but do have a cooler there. Battery up front . Recommend no tie downs on cooler (get a beefy cooler) so you can slide back and forth to balance the boat based on other passengers or not. 9.8 hatsu on the rear. Runs great.

#13 ·
I wont have any fuel or battery forward options at this point as it will be as bare bones tiller as possible for now. Maybe upgrades later?? I do think though that having the hatch there will make sure that I put stuff in it which should add some weight. I've also heard that fuel forward is tricky because your fuel decreases throughout the day, thus your weight does too?

#16 ·
Tbh my NMZ with battery in the front and gas in the rear balanced perfectly with me on the standing on the center box paddling/poling. The battery forward helps you when you are by yourself cause with out it the front weigh almost nothing compared to the rest. I had lights, live well and a bilge pump in mine. Even with the battery in front and my yeti on the back as a poling platform it would still get stupid skinny like 4-5 inches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.