Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the market for a gheenoe and found a nice 13ft for a good price and I wanted to know if a jackplate is something that I needed to run a 7hp motor.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Run it on the transom first

a Jackplate opens a BIG can or worms

Install a jack plate Now you need a cupped prop , then a foil then a torque tab then trim tabs ... Then the boat will be crabbing :-( ask me how i Know LoL

Keep it Simple !!!

·
Fly-By-Night
3,174 Posts
I was in the market for a gheenoe and found a nice 13ft for a good price and I wanted to know if a jackplate is something that I needed to run a 7hp motor.
No, it'll be fine, just make sure the transom is solid. I was running a Merc 9.9 2 stroke on a 13 with no issues.

Edit to add: Welcome to the forum, post pics of your boat if you buy it, we like Gheenoe's around here.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Check out these guys that have an interesting option. I've been messaging the owner on IG and he's been very responsive. I believe they are close to having their production model available.

https://ontheflyjackplates.com/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out these guys that have an interesting option. I've been messaging the owner on IG and he's been very responsive. I believe they are close to having their production model available.

https://ontheflyjackplates.com/
okay cool thank you for the advice I am going to check it out and make sure everything is all good with it before the purchase. it is 1500 with the trailer so I dont know if its too good to be true

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Well a "highsider" hull in good shape is worth $600 tops

Trailer is $300

and for $600 the motor better be jam up perfect ! 7 horse is an odd number (I sold an evenrude 15 for $250)

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I sold my last one for that

And the next one I build I will sell for about $750

I have a lowsider for $600 + COST OF Bob's Jack Plate That is installed on it

I have a 15 " skiff "AS IS" for $75 needs full resto ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts