Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved up to Charleston from Nashville, and excited to start exploring more of the area. Grew up fly fishing in Middle TN for anything from trout to muskie, and ready to expand to saltwater now. I currently run a '96 classic with a 25hp and stick steering, and was hoping a few of you could chime in on some of the more Gheenoe friendly ramps in the area. We are up in Mt. Pleasant, so primarily interested in the Wando and the ICW/IOP areas, but also want to explore Folly/Stono as well.

Initial research looks like Paradise and Garris ramps would be great options. Anyone have experience launching at Remley's or IOP Marina as well? Thanks for the help, and hope to see some of you out soon!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Paradise and Garris are both great. No dock at Paradise but a lot of rocks and grass to pull up on. I refuse to use Remley's from the first day of spring til the last day of September. I believe IOP Marina charges $10-15 per trip, and I'm unaware if you can get an annual pass. No matter which ramp you frequent, get there early. No ramp in Mt Pleasant has adequate parking. The first time you do put in at Paradise, do so at low tide so you can see the big oyster bar directly behind the ramp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts