Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
2022 Evo
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You guys are awesome. Definitely feel like I'm back in the game. The total beam of trailer is 80", the door is 96" and I have about 120" of space to play depending on what direction it faces.

Another question, I assume you guys are backing into the garage with car and finishing the parking job by hand? Never pushed around a small skiff before but my dads larger skiff is pretty heavy and hard to move. Are you using a trailer dolly or just shoving it around? I'm a pretty big dude so I figure I can just "hand park" it.

Again thanks all, and the pics are definitely helpful!

· Registered
24 Posts
I loved my welded Fulton swing on my 22' bay boat trailer & got it into a 25' deep garage, BUT;
- only had a 2-stroke Yam 150 hanging off the back, no shallow anchors
- had 8' tall, double door and plenty of garage front access
FYI, the Fulton swing tongues used to be only rated for steel tongues, check if AL wanted.
Good luck whatever you decide.
(Also, I've seen the light now, bay's gone & my 16' Super Skiff fits a lot easier.)
Vehicle Automotive exterior Trailer Auto part Car

Water transportation Vehicle Boat trailer Boat Speedboat

· Registered
292 Posts
You guys are awesome. Definitely feel like I'm back in the game. The total beam of trailer is 80", the door is 96" and I have about 120" of space to play depending on what direction it faces.

Another question, I assume you guys are backing into the garage with car and finishing the parking job by hand? Never pushed around a small skiff before but my dads larger skiff is pretty heavy and hard to move. Are you using a trailer dolly or just shoving it around? I'm a pretty big dude so I figure I can just "hand park" it.

Again thanks all, and the pics are definitely helpful!
You should be fine since you have 120" to play with. For reference I have fit both below boats into my garage at 19'5" deep x 11' wide.

• Maverick 17HPXV with 115 fourstroke - Fit straight in with removable trailer tongue (trailer flush with bow of boat). the HPX17V hull is LOA 16'9"+ motor.
  • Hell's Bay Marquesa again with a 115 and removable trailer tongue (trailer flush with bow of boat). Marquesa hull is 18'1" + motor. The goes in at most allowable angle.

I pushed both in by hand, a good trailer jack wheel makes all the difference when trying to maneuver the boat in the garage. I changed out my fulton jack wheel to a rubber caster wheel i bought online and it works awesome.

· Registered
2010 NewWater Stilt
603 Posts
My boat does not fit straight into my garage. I back it in until the tires are just inside and disconnect from the truck. I steer the boat at a slight angle until it’s full into my garage.

I also have a set of car dollies that I put under the tires and can basically push the boat side ways to gain more room to walk by the tongue. I don’t always put it on the dollies but when o do it takes about 20 minutes to lift one side and chalk it up, lift the second and put the dolly under then go back to the first to lift again and put the dolly under that tire. I do that to avoid drastic angles on the trailer jack.
Hey man, what if you cut some 4x4s with a 45 degree cut on one side. Back the boat into the garage place the 4x4s in front of the tires like a ramp and put the dollies in front of the 4x4s, pull the boat back forward onto the dollies over the 4x4s. Just an idea, might be completely useless but i tried haha.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey man, what if you cut some 4x4s with a 45 degree cut on one side. Back the boat into the garage place the 4x4s in front of the tires like a ramp and put the dollies in front of the 4x4s, pull the boat back forward onto the dollies over the 4x4s. Just an idea, might be completely useless but i tried haha.
I actually thought about doing something like that but I push my boat in by hand and I don’t put it on the dollies until the trailer jack is completely inside the garage. It would put too much strain on the jack and you would have to lift it higher in the back due to the slope on my driveway coming out of the garage.

· Registered
2010 NewWater Stilt
603 Posts
I actually thought about doing something like that but I push my boat in by hand and I don’t put it on the dollies until the trailer jack is completely inside the garage. It would put too much strain on the jack and you would have to lift it higher in the back due to the slope on my driveway coming out of the garage.
Makes sense. Keep on keeping on, enjoy your Sunday.

· Registered
839 Posts
My boat on the trailer without fold tongue is 22’7”. With fold tongue it’s 19’7” my boat 18’ long. It’s a Ramlin trailer just an FYI.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts