Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday May 30 Fishing Rocky Creek … I'll be down there. I should get there at 9 ish. Don't know what the tides are, just going and will fish until 1:30 or so. I'll listen to channel 16.
The dreaded scallop season will start soon and the flats will resemble a ski boat lake. So fish now.

I should say, gas was 2.19 in Biloxi this past weekend. Here in Lake City, $2.59 (at the cheap stations).

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just as a follow up. I changed the trip to Friday. Water temp on the flats by Steinhatchee is +85 degrees. No trout on the flats, no baitfish, just lots of warm water. I went out some 3 miles or so but a west wind had seas at 1-2 with some 3's. The micro skiff just couldn't do that. Ended up with one red and one Gaff top sail cat. We're a month ahead of schedule with respect to water temp. I think these temps are more like July instead of June. Have to fish in 10 ft of water to get anything. Did get some great watermelons (big ones with seeds) on the way back for $2. Melons are coming in like crazy all over N. Florida. Summertime is here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fishing and owning a boat isn’t economical or I’m doing something wrong!
Just like deer hunting...its our recreation. We never expect to break even with respect to cost versus fish/game harvested. Hopefully when fishing, a rod won't be lost or an antenna broke because that will really set you back. So get a buddy who is willing to share costs. That really helps. I'll start a new thread on that because I have some stories about great fishing buddies and lousy ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.