Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got a gheenoe from father in law. I am new to boating,etc. I picked up a new trailer for it as well. My question is this, when you guys are towing, are you using tie downs? My transom doesn't have anything that I can see to connect to. Just tossing ideas on the best safe practice. Also, should there also be a little bit of flex on the bunks?

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,597 Posts
Lmao! Thanks man. Yeah i was thinking of straps, just want to get something that won't jack up the boat/paint. I guess it shouldn't.
I wouldn't worry about scratching the gelcoat with straps, but you could always use a fun noodle section slipped over the strap to coushion it

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
You're required to have your rig strapped down as you tow it... and the real reason you want it strapped is so that the hull and the trailer act as a single unit whenever you hit a bump in the road... You'll find straps being sold (for over the hull use) by length so measure the distance from your trailer to the gunnel (then double that) and add the width of your hull to that figure... What you need is a trailer strap about two feet longer than that measurement...

I use that kind of strap myself on my old Maverick since the trim tabs would get in the way of using transom straps....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.