Gator permits?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AfterHours2, May 16, 2013.

1. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Who else got lucky and drew a permit? I ended up with my first choice, pulled a 10ft out of there last season. Time to unbolt the casting platform off the Gladesmen and get her ready. Good luck to all and be safe..

2. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Going 'lake jesup-ing' ?

3. AfterHours2

Jesup is actually a crappy pick. I pulled it about 3 years ago when I did not know any better and it was quite a work out. I was under the same assumption as most being you see hundreds on a daily basis. But quite honestly, the gators there are very smart and have tons of water to dive. I'm stickin to the Osceola county area.

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Lake Jessup had some issues several years back where all the game was dying. They got it figured out so it may be coming back but iw will be a long time before you see big gators again.

Best of luck and be safe.

5. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

I drew one, all of Duval county!

6. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

I got peace river south here in Punta Gorda. I'm stoked. Right in my back yard

7. bbuckingham141

bbuckingham141 Well-Known Member

first year getting them. got a permit for citrus county should be fun

8. AfterHours2

Got a chance to get the airboat out and do some scouting over the weekend. Got my eyes on several 10' + and one around 13'. The key to getting one is hitting it hard the first few days of open season. Hopefully I can fill my tags in the first 2 nights like last year. Good luck to all and look forward to seeing a few monster pics..

9. mirrocraft

mirrocraft I Love microskiff.com!

Between me and my hunting buddies we got 8 tags. Taking my buddies 600 hp airboat. It was a thrill throwing the harpoon last season. We tagged out in 1 night. Can't wait.

10. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Missed out this year due to fwc server issues :(

Anybody need a trapping agent let me know. I got a few tricks up my sleeve for getting them in open water.

11. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

Had my first sucessful hunt tonight. Got a 7 footer skinned out waiting for a cookout this weekend. I'll try n figure out how to post pics. Not real impressive but a good eater :)

12. AfterHours2

My hunt doesn't start till Sept. 5 but here's one a buddy got opening day

[​IMG]

13. Parrboy

Parrboy Pg native

Nice! I just wanted meat in the freezer but were lookin for a big boy now. If it would stop raining every freaking afternoon. I have till Thursday then ill be waiting till sept 15 . We will see how it works out

14. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

My buddy got an 11'er and the group took 8 all together with 13' being the big one.

Congrats to those who got theirs and safe hunting to those yet to go.

15. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Jeezy Peets! You guys are finding some big gators! What are you doing with the hides and meat? Seems like there is a lot of meat in a 8'+ gator!

16. AfterHours2

Im not too much into the hide so I basically swap it in trade for the gator to be processed. Not saying that if I dont get a huge boy I may have me a pair of gator boots made though :D