Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Garmin 94sv

1323 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  captjsanchez
I saw the Garmin’s are on sale and I was looking at a 94 because of screen size and touch screen. I was told that the transducer would be too strong for me because I fish shallow(5’ to 30’) It was suggested that I drop back to a 93sv and buy the charts (because they only come with lake view) for my area because the transducer is not as strong and I would get a better image. I am in rivers and back creeks of Savannah, Ga.
This would add about $200 to the price over the 94.
Has anyone heard of this?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I saw the Garmin’s are on sale and I was looking at a 94 because of screen size and touch screen. I was told that the transducer would be too strong for me because I fish shallow(5’ to 30’) It was suggested that I drop back to a 93sv and buy the charts (because they only come with lake view) for my area because the transducer is not as strong and I would get a better image. I am in rivers and back creeks of Savannah, Ga.
This would add about $200 to the price over the 94.
Has anyone heard of this?
The difference between the 94 and the 93 is the 94 is touch screen and the 93 has buttons on the side. I run the 93 on my flats boat and love it. I run the blue chart software along with a local area sd card and it is accurate to within a foot. GPS city usually has great deals on Garmin products. I have 6 garmins. very happy with them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.