Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pretty much decided to go with a Blue Sea w/neg for a fuse box unless someone knows of a better one (corrosion resistant ).

I've no experience with LED lighting...
I have plenty of space under the gunwale (about 25" above the deck) and think I could easily string LED's.
What color LED's provide good lighting.

(floor and hull wall are going to be light/medium grey color)

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Red is easiest on the eyes and won’t kill your night vision. Had green and blue and they are a bit harsh for functionality over bling factor.
Blue Seas makes great stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Red has always been the "go to" for night lighting on the water, just looking to see what others have tried.

Also thinking to put a small white flood light w/spring loaded clamp, maybe attachable to the uhf antenna or bimini top.
Would make rod rigging at 0 dark 30 easier.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Red has always been the "go to" for night lighting on the water, just looking to see what others have tried.

Also thinking to put a small white flood light w/spring loaded clamp, maybe attachable to the uhf antenna or bimini top.
Would make rod rigging at 0 dark 30 easier.
Some of these LEDs are so small, bright and weatherproof that I wouldn’t hesitate mounting one permanently for rigging like that. I don’t recommend Oznium aluminum light bars for under gunnel, I’ve gone through two sets on both boats in 6 years. I’d do the puck style or other more waterproof options Oznium sells.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oznium 11mm w/lens looks like a winner. I think I'll order a few to test them. (I'll look at a few more brands first, but I like the way they look)
Right now I'm starting to lean back to keeping the side console but not going to make up my mind until the deck and forward compartments are done. Will make a difference as to wiring and how many lights would be needed to light the floor etc.
If I go the center console route then I'll have about 36 feet for the lights, a little less with the side console.

They look like they maybe bright enough to use under the hatches too.

·
Brandon, FL
10,927 Posts
Oznium 11mm w/lens looks like a winner. I think I'll order a few to test them. (I'll look at a few more brands first, but I like the way they look)
Right now I'm starting to lean back to keeping the side console but not going to make up my mind until the deck and forward compartments are done. Will make a difference as to wiring and how many lights would be needed to light the floor etc.
If I go the center console route then I'll have about 36 feet for the lights, a little less with the side console.

They look like they maybe bright enough to use under the hatches too.
Go read @firecat1981 build for his cockpit lighting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts