Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some options for mounting a panel with 5200 inside my console for mounting fuse block and batt switch? Planned to use starboard until I remembered starboard isn’t bonding to anything. Trying to stay away from glassing a small pad in since I don’t have local availability to materials.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,561 Posts
Two options:

1) Piece of PVC board - rough it up, and then mount with 5200. There will be relatively little load on the board, and PVC/5200 should hold just find.

2) This one is way stronger, but a little more permanent.
Get a piece of phenolic board off amazon. Use just a dab of thickened epoxy at each of the corner of the phenolic board to mount it to your fiberglass (assumed) console. The phenolic is VERY hard and hold screws well, but I would recommend that you pilot drill it before setting each screw for your fuseblock and switch.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Here’s an even easier and quicker solution for mounting that plate...,Simply line up the starboard where you want then secure it with two screws - from the outside. You can dress the two screws up with chrome on brass cup washers. That’s what I did with my fuse block almost 28 years ago- and it’s still trouble free all these years later.

·
BBA Counselor
7,233 Posts
I think your over thinking this. Just get a piece of plywood, coat it in resin and slap some paint on the front and 5200 the back. It's in the console where it should be fairly dry, and will not be seen.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Use 3m molding tape the red backed double stick tape stuff is super strong. I think its like 3 pounds per square inch if not more.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried to avoid through bolts and wood but what I ended up with for now. Should be able to at least pull the bolts out once 5200 sets and repair fiberglass. Pleased with wiring so far but have a little bit left and then final cleanup.

8BA02529-4C2B-43F5-8C1D-C4D2199B8F73.jpeg
0660C114-8A55-498A-BF1F-1DE78B0D3D5F.jpeg
D14575A2-50AD-42DF-A848-C895105B8738.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts