funny w/ flip and very missed Jose W.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by topnative2, Mar 12, 2014.

1. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

http://www.spanishflytv.com/theater/yeti-coolers-commercial-outakes/

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Sure do miss that guy..
    I feel he was possibly the best angler on tv. He was well rounded, throw a fly to a bonefish then later that day kitefish for sails, next day he would hop in the water with sharks, not something most anglers do. Also had a pure heart.
    When he passed, the seavee dealer in my marina held a free, bragging rights only tournament in honor of him.
    :cool:

3. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

That was great! ;D

4. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

thank for sharing........ its a shame he's gone. it was a sad day in the fishy world !

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Safe to say those two morphed fishing as we know it and opened our eyes to what lies beyond the horizon. Flip started the trend and Jose continued on with it.

I have never watched a fishing show - or any show for that matter - that I learned more from than Jose's episodes.

Greater still, he was able to incorporate the sponsor's product in a manner that respected the viewer; you never had the feeling you were watching an infomercial.

Sorely missed he is; and I wish Flip would begin filming again to take up the void left by Jose's passing.

-T

6. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Jose will always be the man in my book! But, I sure do miss the mellow mood "Walkers Cay Chronicles"  put me in after watching Flip on a Sunday morning..

7. anytide

yup, make you go out in the yard and dry cast.......... :D

8. BugDopeforENP

BugDopeforENP I Love microskiff.com!

http://hellsbayboatworks.com/media-pages/media-walkers-cay-chronicles-1

Full episodes of walkers cay. Enjoy

9. anytide

[smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif]

awesomesauce...........

10. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Walkers Cay. By far the best fishing show if it's time and I would argue better than current shows. Great locations, artistic cinematography, narration full of imagery. Flip's talk over tracks told a story that brought the viewer into the experience. I wish he was still making them.

Today's fishing shows are all about loud bombastic hosts hawking the latest wiz bang fishing gadget. There's no artistry these days. It's all "woo hoo" and "dang son look how the wizard doodle miracle floating shad bait with super sent formula X9 just call in dem fish!"

Sorry, I'll get down off my soap box. Just a frustrated viewer pining for the old days.

Cheers

11. topnative2

I am so low rent the site will not allow me to open the "skiff page"................ :'(

12. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Haha
    Top teir skiff owners only!!

13. anytide

dial up..... ?

:D

14. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting a link to the old shows. Ive been watching a few a night. Its so cool to watch people that are so passionate about what they do.

15. anytide

i'm passionate....... ;)

16. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

I know thats why I like to pick up the stuff I order from you. So I can see it live in action. :)

17. topnative2

Nope!

18. anytide

hahahahaaaa..

well, its either crank-up or HAM..
    :D