Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone recommend a good fuel line? Looking to replace it on my 50hp etec . Figure its the original line and bulb. Theres a waiting list at my local etec service place which is greater than 3 weeks, so im gonna try to do it myself.

Any tips?thanks

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
It was cheaper for me to buy the preassembled hose with bulb and fittings than everything separate.
Fuel hose is easy to find just make sure to buy made in USA and ethanol compatible.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Find your nearest good quality marine hardware store that stocks fuel line in bulk. What you’re looking for is fuel line that’s clearly USCG rated for alcohol “USCG Type—- acol rated” and those markings will be repeated over and over again continuously on the line. Avoid any un-larked fuel line. Use the fuel bulb from BRP. It’s actually the best in the industry... Fuel line is sold by the foot
So carefully measure how much you need- then add a foot or two for a bit of slack.
Making your own line (don’t forget all the clamps you’ll need and make sure you’re getting the right size line as well) is easy with the right stuff.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
685 Posts
I got tired of dicking with the USCG rated stuff personally and just bought some vinyl fuel line from a place that specializes in drag race and street car applications. I think it's just called fuel-line.com and it was cheap. I have my doubts about how well it will hold up in the longer term but for about a dollar a foot I could carry a whole damn spare hose with me if I wanted to. What sucks about the USCG rated fuel lines is that by law they are required to have an internal plastic liner. That liner ALWAYS separates from the rest of the hose and causes a clog or air leak somewhere. It sucks. I'd sooner run a standard rubber line and risk a fine from the CG but I seriously doubt they're going to be pulling you over and inspecting your fuel lines of all things.

·
BBA Counselor
7,230 Posts
I don't know what kind of fuel line you were buying, but I've never had a failure with any A1 line, even after running E10 for more then a decade through some. B1 I think is the grey stuff that usually has separation issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts