Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see several brands out there, so who uses what? It looks hard to avoid the E10 stuff, so I'm looking for recommendations. Thx

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use stabil and havent had any problems. But I run through a tank of gas pretty fast and dont leave gas sitting for more than a few weeks.

·
BBA Counselor
7,230 Posts
I picked up seafoam a while back and it's been doing it's job. I usually only fill my tank maybe once every 6 weeks and haven't noticed any seperation.

·
Brandon, FL
10,927 Posts
I drain mine after every use and put it in the truck. It uses way more gas than my outboard.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy some real gas at a marina with no "E" in it.

Cheaper than dealing with engine hassles, buying sta-bil, fixing carbs, etc.

-T

·
Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

-T
That's where I'm in trouble. There's no convenient marina in any of the places I fish to do that and I'm going to an 18 gallon tank that won't always get run dry. That' why I'm looking for advice on a Stabil or Sentry type product. I'll have a fuel/water seperator on the boat also, but I've heard an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A pound of outboard cure gets pretty costly these days. :)

G

·

-T
That's where I'm in trouble. There's no convenient marina in any of the places I fish to do that and I'm going to an 18 gallon tank that won't always get run dry. That' why I'm looking for advice on a Stabil or Sentry type product. I'll have a fuel/water seperator on the boat also, but I've heard an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A pound of outboard cure gets pretty costly these days. :)

I'm using Sentry.

What motor did you end up with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts