Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 9 y/o to Ft. Pierce Saturday for some relaxing fishing (and to get dinner). Note that I live on Merritt Island and drive to Ft. Pierce to fish because our inshore fishery and water quality sucks so bad. Had a couple shots at tripletail first thing, but they weren't aggressive. After that, we switched over to bottom fishing. Sheepshead bite was pretty decent. We picked up a few fish at each spot. We ended up boxing 15 nice fish along with some mangroves and lanes. After that, we went jigging for pompano. The big ladyfish were so thick that the pomps didn't have much of a chance. My son was in heaven pulling on 4lb ladies one after another. No pomps made it over the side, but I did bag a nice sheepshead on a pompano jig (not something you do everyday...). Ended the day trying to hook up a goliath for the kid to yank on. They were home (on the sonar), but for some reason, didn't want to eat. Water was cold all day, so maybe that had something to do with it. Fun day and we'll be eating fresh sheepshead all week. They're really good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts