Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 HB Pro
121 Posts
Haven’t been down to the beach in a while but used to do ok fishing the first trough off the beach in Pompano, but definitely tougher this time of the year. Best recommendation I can come up with currently for topwater is actually for snakeheads. They love top water frogs and are a pretty good fight, especially for freshwater. There’s a decent spot all the way west on Atlantic where it meets the Everglades where you can walk for miles, if you can get a parking spot with all the sunset people. If that’s of any interest let me know and I can give you some more tips. I’m not much of a freshwater guy anymore but do enjoy watching snakeheads boil and push a wake off the shore, reminds me of a redfish pushing water. They’re the only freshwater target I have anymore. During winter and open floodgates you’ll also find some snook there once in a while.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
I live just west of Ft. Lauderdale - and like most locals I fish way to the south - down in the saltwater portions of the Everglades... I'll have a report tomorrow so look for it - but that's a full day's trip....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.