FS Down ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, May 24, 2011.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Fs Down ?

any one able to log onto the "kakalarium" ?

2. YanceyM

YanceyM I Love microskiff.com!

I'm guessing, I've been unable to pull up their site. I thought it may have just been my iphone. But I guess not.  :-/

Usually isn't too much going on there anyway. They have a good fly section, but the rest just seems too commercial.  ;D

3. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

i was about to ask the same ??? i havent been able to get on in a few days :-?

4. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

What's FS? :-? :-? ;)

5. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Yea i couldnt either.. I go on there occasionally to listen to people bash eachother. Kinda equals it out cuz everyones soo darned nice here. ;D. I need a little anger!!! Lol

6. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Hah, I like FS, I know its kinda hip to bust on them... they fit the mold of the big clueless organization that lacks focus and direction.

It is perfectly fitting that they crash and cant get back up quickly. Its gotta show a lack of planning and dedication to lose your service for 4-5 days... ::)

7. noeettica

This is what they have to say

The Floridasportsman.com, as you know it, is down due to server maintenance. We will have the site up and running as soon as possible. In the meantime, check out what’s coming in the June issue of Florida Sportsman, we’re sure there’s something for you.

8. noeettica

You would think They would have had a back-up plan ...

Attention Florida Sportsman Fans!!

It’s as painful to us here at FS, as it is to you, that our site and Forum isn’t up and running as we head into the Memorial Weekend. We’re doing what we can to get the site, and Forum, fully functional as soon as possible. We understand your displeasure and beg your patience as we work through a complex technical issue. Our site, as you know it and Forum will be back soon. Thanks for being a caring part of the FS Family.

9. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Outages can happen to anyone, anywhere and at anytime. We have had a couple of very minor outages. However an outage that lasts 7 days.... ::)

No gloating, just commenting...

10. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Anybody wanna talk about PS Network and their 3 week plus outage? Or that 77 million accounts got hacked?

FS has a huge resource and profit center going and for lack of planning and management, it is fading fast.

The simple fact that they have NO search query is proof positive that they dont care and are clueless. They have such a repository of hugely helpful data but it is useless ti its members.

Much respect and props to Jan for a great niche site that does it well.

11. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Their sister sites are down as well!

12. noeettica

HOLY COW !!! WTF !!!

http://imomags.com/gunsandammo/

13. noeettica

It's up Looks like a bag of bones LOL

14. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Working but missing most everything. Sad.

15. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

Just tried to check it with my iPhone and before the page would load it asked me to sign in. U entered my password and it would not load the page and asked for my password again. Maybe only up for PC?

16. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

maybe it's a good thing, maybe they will keep everything deleted and start actually moderating discussions....

17. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

well, if they don't recover most or all of that history, regardless of how contentious some of it may have been, it will be a huge loss to the virtual fishing and boating community.

The contentious factor is also a double edged sword. The downside is you have to read past the bashing aspects to get to the gems. But at least the gems are almost always there, whereas sites that tend to be a little too docile, misinformation isn't always challenged as it would be on sites where the BS don't fly, well not for long anyway. When a site is a little too friendly bad or wrong information can easily be construed as good information for those that don't know the difference, especially when it's left "politely" uncontested.

It's a difficult balance for sure, but IMO I think the somewhat "edgier" sites tend to have broader and usually better information as a whole because of the wider participation. You just have to wade through some of the nonsense to get to the good stuff...

18. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

well its still down for me, this is a complete joke.... shame on f.s.sportsman :mad:

19. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

For the non-hater's, they have been up for a bit now. ;)

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/

20. YanceyM

YanceyM I Love microskiff.com!

And now it has more ads then their magazine! They even managed to add advertising to post.
    :eek: