Front yard and dock on the beautiful Georgia Coast.

Discussion in 'Photo Hut' started by Moonpie, May 20, 2020.

1. KingFlySC

KingFlySC Well-Known Member

That is a killer view. Is your yard underwater during the King/Flood tides?

2. Moonpie

Moonpie Active Member

Thank you. The view is stunning and we are blessed to be on 35 acres.

The house is 19 feet above the high tide mark so no issues there, but if there is a hurricane the water will enter the yard a bit.

southerncannuck likes this.
  3. southerncannuck

southerncannuck Well-Known Member

Very impressive. I bet you learn every oyster bed in that marsh before long.

4. Moonpie

Moonpie Active Member

There are quite a few oyster beds but I have yet to harvest any. Whether it is true or not, I was told that the beds that are exposed at low tide should not be eaten. When I asked for specifics on why, they were unable to give me a scientific reason.

I may call the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) and ask an actual biologist.

5. southerncannuck

southerncannuck Well-Known Member

I was thinking oysters more as habitat for fish than for eating. Redfish=yummy

6. Moonpie

Moonpie Active Member

I did not realize that the oyster beds were an attractant to fish. I am always amazed at the wildlife I see from the dock. Dolphins, Alligators, Atlantic Stingrays, etc.

I love Redfish but am unfortunately the worlds worst fisherman.

7. ianwilson

ianwilson Well-Known Member

sit a mud minnow by an oyster bar on a fish finder rig and have your self a redfish dinner. So easy a baby could do it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Moonpie likes this.
  8. Alexander Wilcox

Alexander Wilcox Active Member

No time better than now to learn, especially with a view as stunning as that! Get some gold spoons and work the bank near an oyster bed, you'll 100% catch some dinner.