Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
New to the forum. I grew up in Palacios, Texas and have been around water half of my life. I currently reside in Dallas but looking to move to the Texas/Florida coast in the next 4 years. I miss the ocean and fishing. I joined this forum looking for help in deciding on a skiff/boat..maybe I can contribute in the future. This will be my first boat. Wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty in restoring one. So far I narrowed my criteria to a small bay boat capable of 4ppl max. In my short list are:
  • 15' Hobie Power Skiff
  • 16' Bluewave
  • 16' Key West
Lots of great resources and info on this site...keep up the work moderators!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
New to the forum. I grew up in Palacios, Texas and have been around water half of my life. I currently reside in Dallas but looking to move to the Texas/Florida coast in the next 4 years. I miss the ocean and fishing. I joined this forum looking for help in deciding on a skiff/boat..maybe I can contribute in the future. This will be my first boat. Wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty in restoring one. So far I narrowed my criteria to a small bay boat capable of 4ppl max. In my short list are:
  • 15' Hobie Power Skiff
  • 16' Bluewave
  • 16' Key West
Lots of great resources and info on this site...keep up the work moderators!
Hi TTN,

I am also new to this forum, but have read it for a few years.
Funny, I signed up to post because I have a Wagner Power Skiff I am going to sell.
If you are in FL, you might want to look at it. I will post pic as I learn how.

·
Registered
377 Posts
From one Texan to another welcome to MS, lots of good people here willing to offer useful input.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You should pick up carp fishing on the fly, it’s great practice for Laguna Madre reds. I am building a salt marsh heron 16 for Texas coast and will be fishsing it for carp quite a bit here in DFW. My wife and I are also looking to move south soon.

A

·
0 Posts
HI!

Allie from Charter Lakes Marine Insurance, seems we have quite the rep on here! And, I am completely grateful. Anything we can do to help, let me know!

[email protected]
281-452-7800

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should pick up carp fishing on the fly, it’s great practice for Laguna Madre reds. I am building a salt marsh heron 16 for Texas coast and will be fishsing it for carp quite a bit here in DFW. My wife and I are also looking to move south soon.
Never been carp fishing. Where do you carp fish in DFW? lake,pond,creek?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Oh yea, I have seen a few threads. It’s the most fun outside the salt. Other than stripper on the fly in fresh.

Love me some carp fishin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts