Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Raleigh, NC. Navy vet here currently working in Emergency Medicine expanding my horizons. I'm evolving from kayak to microskiff and have been enjoying the forum. Currently searching for a suitable boat that can hold three people, inshore and off shore to about 5 miles (for artificial reef action). I'm not overly interested in high HP engines but a balance between power, weight and need for moderate speed. Would like ability to get out of dramatic weather changes should they develop. Not thinking I will be on too skinny of water and anticipate minimal polling in the NC area but will likely retire to Florida in 5 to 10 years and the fishing environment will change. Boat selection would also need to consider likely motel parking overnight when at fishing destinations from time to time and need to minimize theft of equipment. Also, am interested in the idea of GPS trolling motor for the boat for position fixing when on a hot spot. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts