Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Taken off my 2018 F150 Lariat with maybe 7,000 miles. Located in St Augustine. Message me for a contact number.

I would like to give these tires to someone who needs new tires but can’t afford them. Wallmart will install them for around $50.

·
Registered
708 Posts
That's a great offer, my 2016 Sierra SLT uses 275/55R20.

I can't honestly say I can't afford new tires but I have a situation where my truck has developed a really bad problem over some irregular pavement. It produces an intermittent but pretty violent vertical shake in the steering wheel as well as jolts though the suspension. Shocks and tires replaced 15,000 miles ago last summer and it was great for about 6 months.

I am trying to determine if the issue is my tires (Nitto Ridge Grapplers) but do not really want to buy 4 new tires to find out they are not the problem. The shocks (Bilstein 5100) seem great in every other regard I do not want to believe they are the problem.

Truck is going in the shop on Tuesday for an oil change to see if they can figure this out. I have near zero confidence in them figuring it out. Anyway, if you haven't found a suitable person in need and still have them then, I may could use them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I can't honestly say I can't afford new tires but I have a situation where my truck has developed a really bad problem over some irregular pavement. It produces an intermittent but pretty violent vertical shake in the steering wheel as well as jolts though the suspension. Shocks and tires replaced 15,000 miles ago last summer and it was great for about 6 months.

I am trying to determine if the issue is my tires (Nitto Ridge Grapplers) but do not really want to buy 4 new tires to find out they are not the problem. The shocks (Bilstein 5100) seem great in every other regard I do not want to believe they are the problem.

Truck is going in the shop on Tuesday for an oil change to see if they can figure this out. I have near zero confidence in them figuring it out. Anyway, if you haven't found a suitable person in need and still have them then, I may could use them.
I hope they can figure it out and if you need the tires just let me know. I am running Ridge Grapplers on my truck and they’ve been good so far.

·
Brandon, FL
12,310 Posts

This is known as the death wobble and is not that uncommon.

·
You got to get burned to learn
524 Posts
Very good deed!

On another note I am guessing you put a lift on your f150. I would love to hear the details and did you keep stock rims. I have a 2016 lariat fx4 and getting ready to replace tires but I love my 20 in OEM rims but want some more height on the truck. I have looked at a ton of pictures on F150forum but can't decide what lift and tires to put on. Love to hear your modifications.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very good deed!

On another note I am guessing you put a lift on your f150. I would love to hear the details and did you keep stock rims. I have a 2016 lariat fx4 and getting ready to replace tires but I love my 20 in OEM rims but want some more height on the truck. I have looked at a ton of pictures on F150forum but can't decide what lift and tires to put on. Love to hear your modifications.
I am keeping the stock wheels with Ridge Grapplers 275/65/20R’s.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Good on you. I hope someone less fortunate was able to utilize them, if not, you did try to do the right thing.

death wobble in a 1500 with IFS? I thought that was usually on 3/4-ton with a solid axle? I'm pretty sure that's not what I'm experiencing. Mine us like driving over deep rumble strips and then goes away in about 2 seconds
I've got our exact truck, and yes it is very similar to death wobble like the old Jeeps and Dodges. The FB owners group is just calling it the Chevy Shake. Fortunately for me, I haven't experienced it in my '14, and I don't know what they're finding to be the root cause because it seems most people are just trading them in on something newer or another truck entirely.

·
Brandon, FL
12,310 Posts
Good on you. I hope someone less fortunate was able to utilize them, if not, you did try to do the right thing.

I've got our exact truck, and yes it is very similar to death wobble like the old Jeeps and Dodges. The FB owners group is just calling it the Chevy Shake. Fortunately for me, I haven't experienced it in my '14, and I don't know what they're finding to be the root cause because it seems most people are just trading them in on something newer or another truck entirely.
I just did a Google sesrch for death wobble sierra and many hits come up with suggestions on how to fix

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.