Forum Sections

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JoshW, Mar 14, 2009.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Having had my post moved from "Bragging Spot" to "Off-Topic" I've got to say I think the compartmentalization of topics via forum sections on this board is a bit over the top. As I write this better than half of the forum sections on this board have had no posts in the last 3 days.
    I'd personally be more likely to respond to others posts if I saw them while browsing a couple sections (which is all I look at regularly anyway) without having to go searching for them in various sections.

Just something to think about.

Josh

2. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

i only look at 5 or 6 of the sections on here....have never even clicked on 3 or 4 of them , ever....but, i figure some sections are for different folks...guess, if it floats your boat.....lol....for instance, im nowhere near florida, so i couldnt care less about florida fishing reports, but a fisherman from florida probably does...

i just quick glance down the blinking dots, and roll thru....i kinda like it broke down the way it is....doesnt take long to realize the sections that you are interested in and the ones you are not...

3. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm ok with how everything pretty much is. I just wish the "micro" exclusion was taken off the sections. Although I suppose it had to be done because of some "rule", moving your post to off-topic seemed pretty ridiculous. That is a badass boat and I would have put it in bragging spot as well.

4. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Josh,

First I'm sorry.

My forum mods do a great job of helping me try to keep this place in an orderly manner. I ask them to review any thread and use their best judgment. I can not thank them enough for their volunteer time to be an active part of this forum.

The topic was moved due to it's content. Which BTW that once very sweet ride! Congrats. [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif]

I will take any blame you deem necessary. I ask my mods to follow the topic descriptions and in this case it was. (post pictures of your microskiff and any cool mods) We can not always catch every post right away sometime. I hope you don't feel yours was singled out.

The site has grown a lot and as such new sections have been added for help better organized the content. Else everything would end up in the general section. We are growing and as such trying to learn through our mistakes. I appreciate you being a part of the forum and look forward to seeing you back..

Cheers
    Capt. Jan

5. JRH

JRH Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add that I agree with the above.  Maybe I'm just lazy for not wanting to click on so many sections, but in my opinion 20+ sections is excessive and some of them do not have enough content to warrant their own section.  

I used to visit the forum frequently and read 90% of the threads along with posting a few times a day.  Now it's just too distracting with all the sections, so like Josh said I just browse a few sections.

As Ron would say, just my $0.000000000000000002.  It's an excellent forum and Jan has done a ton to add to it's growth.

6. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Thanks for the input. The reason for the sections is due to growth. If all posts were in 1 of 3 or 4 sections honestly they would get pushed to page 2 or 3 of that section before the end of the day.

If you want a quick overview of current topics be sure to use the 10 most recent posts link off the forum home page.

Cheers

7. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

I think what is so great about this site is you don't have to muddle through a long line of posts in one single section until you stumble across something that interests you.

I like the way it is broken up into different sections. Besides what marshman mention, someone might be more interested in fishing reports than tuning up their motor. If someday they need info on how to tune up their motor they know where to look without looking half the day through 28 pages of posts. Been there.

I think that threads stay alive longer because of this layout. It was mentioned that some posts had no responses for three days. I bet that they will still get responses and for a lot longer than if they were buried 10 pages pack under one big section rather than on the first page of a smaller section.

Thats the way I see it anyway.

Or I could have just said what Jan posted while I typed this..

Josh, sorry for having to move your post, that is still one sweet boat.