For the nature lovers!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by litlblusrn4bigred, Aug 19, 2007.

1. litlblusrn4bigred

litlblusrn4bigred Well-Known Member

While in New York this time I took the wife to The Gorge in Watkins Glen, New York. It is about a mile and a half walk all the way to the top of the gorge. We had a great time and thought we would share osme of the pics from the gorge. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all the steps in the gorge were made of the gorge itself. you could see where the water swirls were in the steps from over the thousands of years of erosion. All the gorge is made of shale.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some of the holes in the gorge were really, really deep, my guess was atleast 30-40foot deep. Maybe more.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    can you see the trout in this pic?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have more pics to show so stop back later.

2. litlblusrn4bigred

Had a friend take us on a privat lake/pond that holds big bass. Hard to beleive there are bigger one than this in upstate New York, about an hour drive south of Rochester. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Went to family reunion and the place we had it at there was this small lake/pond. The deepest part was around 5-6feet deep. There were alot of grass carp in there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That is all for now. I have more pics that I will post later on, I have to download them to my photobucket. I hope you like! Later.

3. inboardgheenoeguy

inboardgheenoeguy Well-Known Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( Im home sick damn it! i lived about 30 mins. west of the glen same southern tier region! :'( :'( :'( :'(

4. Beautiful!! Your wife takes great pictures!!

5. litlblusrn4bigred

what town you from? i graduated from hammondsport high 93.

thats when i left.

6. litlblusrn4bigred

Thank you. :)

7. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Awsome pics, would love to go backpacking up there. However, would never trade it for sunny southwest florida. :cool: Looks like it was a great time.
    Weedy

8. litlblusrn4bigred

there are alot of nice places up there to backpack. I here ya. I dont want to leave florida for the simplel reason of-mosquito lagoon, charlotte harbor, sanibel, sebastian...etc!! However, we will be down atleast once or twice possibly three times a year to fish, thats for sure. We are going to be doing some traveling as well to the carolina's lookin for bull reds in 6 inches of water. I am really wanting to get back down to south west florida soon. i will look you up Weedy when i figure out when i can go. I would stay over night to catch ateast two days of fishing.

9. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Sounds good, look forward to it.
    Weedy