SOLD/EXPIRED For sale, Johnsen skiff.

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by SClay115, Aug 1, 2011.

1. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Due to some recent changes in my life, and the potential need for a move, it has come time to unload some of the toys to cut down on some of the heft that needs to be transported if needed. It is not something I want to do, but I feel it's the right thing to do in this case. I know I have tempted with other for sale threads on this boat before, but unfortunately, I think it is a reality this time.

I'm willing to work out a deal for just the hull and the trailer, but I won't sell the motor separate. If you want the motor, it's got to go with the whole package. I don't mind transporting the motor itself, but the trailer/hull is what I am looking to make sure I don't need to move and store.

Hull itself was redone fairly recently by a forum member who did a great job cleaning this thing up, I bought it from him, and I've had it for about a year and a half. Has spent it's time in the IRL, Mosquito Lagoon, freshwater lakes of the Orlando area, and now I run it in the Charlotte Harbor area in southwest Florida. I love this boat, I will miss it, a lot, it's been a fun ride. The whole package has tons of character, which was half the fun.

Hull and trailer are of mid eighties vintage, and is about 14' LOA, I still need to dig out the titles for the exact year, but I will update this when I do so.

I want to mention, as I will put some photos up, there is some damage to the bow area of the hull. In general, this is from beaching the boat, and having to retrieve the boat from some not so proper boat ramps. The damage is mostly cosmetic, and it does not let any water into the boat, at all. Should it be taken care of? Absolutely, but with my current situation, and with everything going on, it is not something I am in the position to take care of.

As mentioned, the hull was redone within the past few years, and redone very well. Everything you see in the photos comes with the boat, minus the Jeep in one of them. Photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll do my best not to clutter this up with too much detail, but I do want to note some things on the hull. You'll see in the shot of the transom, there are some brackets there with nothing attached to them. They are set up for some Nauticus Smart Tabs, I didn't really care for the performance of the boat with them on, but I left the brackets just in case I ever wanted to mess with them again. Boat runs great with the anti-porpoise plate that is on their now, so I just wanted to stop messing with it and go fish!

With the brackets where they are, I had to remove the transducer for the depth finder, it's laying in the bilge area of the boat, and all the wiring is still in place, so it can easily be reinstalled if wanted. I never really used it, so I didn't miss it.

I don't need to tell you guys all this, but as you can see, it's got a bilge pump(750gph), with a float switch, wired into a lever switch on the starboard storage box. Which is, in this case, where all the wiring comes together. Done very well with fuses and junction blocks. The wiring, if you look in the photos, runs through a tube on the same side of the boat, it runs from the bow of the boat to the bilge area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The motor. We had our disagreements, but in the end, we mutually decided it would better if we stopped arguing. And since then, this has been my favorite part of this boat. When warmed up, it starts on the first pull. When cold, like any two stroke from the 70's, it is going to take a bit of pull cord loving to get it running, and knowing the proper choke/throttle/tap dance(joke) starting procedure. It runs great, has been recently resealed, and is absolutely dead simple to work on. There are four(4) wires on this motor, and two of those are the spark plug leads. I could harp on this mill all day, but I won't. If you can appreciate the classic character of this motor, you will love it. If you are expecting a whisper quiet four stroke mill, look elsewhere. Again, if you are interested in just the hull/trailer, that's fine. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to keep this class act around, it can keep my '72 Honda motorcycle company.

Now, for the full disclosure, the damage to the bow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My plan to fix this was some Marine-Tex, and to coat the front half of the hull with some bedliner material. As I said, the damage is mostly cosmetic, there is a bit of a 'glass damage right on the keel, but I do feel as if the Marine-Tex and bedliner fix would be just fine to fix it. You would be completely fine running the boat like this as long as you are mindful of where you beach it and whatnot. I have been for quite a while, and there are no signs of the area being water logged or any water entering the hull. I just simply do not have the space to work on this thing, with no garage, and barely any time, it makes it near impossible. I will include the Marine-Tex that I bought for the repair with the boat, along with some other bits I bought for the trailer(new jack/roller/other pieces), there are also a fair amount of parts that the previous owner sent with me, that will be sent along the way with the next owner as well. Details of those can be discussed if you are interested in the boat.

I am located in southwest Florida, the Port Charlotte area. I can be reached by personal message on here.

I believe a fair price for the entire package would be in the neighborhood of 2000$. I had it once listed for more on the site, but I am obviously aware of some of the work that it would take to be perfect, and I'd rather see it go to someone who will have the time/resources to get it taken care of. I have spent a lot of time working with the outboard, tweaking it's height on the transom, and messing with running angles to get it into a "ready all the time" state. With that being said, if you are interested in just the hull/trailer, send me an offer, and we will go from there.

Also, PM me with questions about anything on the boat/engine.

Will entertain full or partial trades for car toppable watercraft. Something I can move without a trailer(kayak/13'er/whatever else).

Thanks for reading folks.

Steve

P.S. Sorry for the washed out pictures. Middle of the day Florida sun will do that. If anyone wants any detail photos of anything, just let me know.

2. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Any offers? I understand the last few photos may turn folks off, but it is really only cosmetic damage.

Steve

3. RedFinaddict

RedFinaddict I Love microskiff.com!

I remember back when you had put this up for sale and I had my stumpknocker for sale. As soon as mine sold I wanted to buy this but it was off the market already. GLWS! If I had to cash Id jump all over this.

4. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Yep, read through that post when I was putting this one up. Luckily, I was able to find employment to keep it that time. This time however, is something completely different, and, unfortunately enough, totally out of my control.

I do wish I could keep it in the stable, lots of good memories and exploring on this thing.

Steve

5. Ram5773

Ram5773 Well-Known Member

Steve,

I miss the boat, I was sad to see it go when I sold it to you. I spent a lot of great days on the water and the boat has great fishing MOJO.

So anyone interested this is great boat, I wish I could buy it back.

I hope she gets a great home.

6. RedFinaddict

Well man Im sorry to hear that, hopefully she gets a good home. Its a rough time for everyone right now.

7. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Hey Richard, yes, I am quite disappointed to have to let this go, we've become quite attached over the time I've had it. I have some time this weekend up in central Florida, maybe an opportunity can be found up that way and I can work out the logistics to keep her, but at this point, I need to look into the other, more depressing option before the hourglasses reaches zero.

Steve

8. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Just to bring this to the top, I want to note that the boat comes with a bimini top that I completely forgot to mention, if you look on the rails, you can see the mounts for it, it doesn't mesh well with a nine foot fly rod so it rarely goes onto the boat. :)

Have had some interest, but nothing concrete, if you have an offer, cash or trade, I'd surely like to hear it. I am a pretty reasonable guy, and would rather see the boat go to someone who will enjoy it, than selling it at the last minute just because it has to go.

Steve

9. b18chatch@yahoo.co

b18chatch@yahoo.co I Love microskiff.com!

I am not sure if you would consider it car toppable or not but I have a gheenoe highsider and a mid 90's 8hp suzuki with a couple little extras I would trade. It is kind of a far drive so we would have to meet half way if you are interested.

10. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

13' or 15' 4"?

Steve

11. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Ah, thanks for the offer nopants, but I'll have to pass, I would consider if it was a 13'. Thanks again.

Steve

12. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Price lowered, $1,800 for the package.

Steve

13. hobie16

hobie16 I Love microskiff.com!

Hello, I'm interested and will send a PM.

14. RedFinaddict

You wouldnt happen to be interested in a ATV trade would ya?

15. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Haha, that would be fun! But not sure it would make sense in my current situation. Thanks though!

Steve

16. wyatthawkins

wyatthawkins I Love microskiff.com!

i have a 1985 johnsen skiff with 25hp evinrude what type of speed should i get :cool: :-? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'( :eek: :( :D :)

17. SilentHunter

SilentHunter Resin Slinger

i got a 96 or 98 volvo s70 4 door

consider trade?

18. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Appreciate the offer, but I don't think I will be able to consider it, the idea is to thin out the heard, not add more cattle.

Steve

19. SilentHunter

SilentHunter Resin Slinger

understandable. trying to sell the car at the moment. if you still have the boat i will be intrested.