Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F93E4520-48F8-43AE-945C-EAA71D7ACD49.jpeg
29B6FBB3-1397-41B3-AD00-1129BB71BBF2.jpeg
Picked up some nice specks on fly right before this little front blew in. Ended up getting about 10 to hand, but these were the best ones. Fished near Confederate reef over shell and rock in deeper cuts that had good water movement. This is why I live right on the water...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Those are some nice fish. Floating line?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are some nice fish. Floating line?
On my 8wt, floating line, 10'-ish leader, black and pink tarpon bunny type pattern. Water was 3-4' deep and the hook was big enough to get the fly down but not sink it to the bottom.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,053 Posts
Yes but it was pretty targeted. I knew the fish were there and I was casting into visible guts about 4’ deep.
Nice. I’ve been watching the forecast and I think I’m gonna take off Friday to see what I can see.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
St
Thank for your report, drifting or staked out?
Staked out on the edges of the cuts in the reef. Tide was moving out pretty good so it was kinda like swinging streamers in a river. I ran over there a couple days ago just to see if they were still there and stuck a couple smaller ones. I expect this front coming through Monday night will move them out to deeper water but it was fun while they were there.

Reactions: karstopo

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Thanks , that old reef area has been producing fish forever
I run a Ankona Shadowcast 16 , blue hull, hope to see you out there
I have mostly been in East Matagorda the last 2 months casing REDS
But I will start fishing the O Bayou as the water gets colder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts