Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t done one in awhile, and while it can be tedious to tie the same 12 flies. It’s always cool to see some of other peoples “fish catching” patterns, and get fresh ideas. Would anyone be interested in doing another? Would be capped at 12 people and can decide on species/pattern after we gain enough interest.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Haven’t done one in awhile, and while it can be tedious to tie the same 12 flies. It’s always cool to see some of other peoples “fish catching” patterns, and get fresh ideas. Would anyone be interested in doing another? Would be capped at 12 people and can decide on species/pattern after we gain enough interest.
Google or look on Instagram for the Flybrary project. It will allow you to do it more frequently perhaps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in if y'all will accept alphlexo's instead of ep body crabs.
Edit: If it's reds, I have a better pattern than an alphlexo. would you guys prefer bead chain or dumbbell eyes?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
193 Posts
How much time do we have on this swap? Thinking i would like to do it but between orders and fishing Utah/Wyoming for 10 days next month not sure if I will have the time over the next month.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am a very new rookie to tying, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. I just did a swap with 6 folks in Georgia, but rather than everyone doing the same fly they had each do their favorite fly. That way each participant got 5 different pieces. I did a modified Lightbulb that worked out pretty well, but if you guys choose something like a crab or complicated pattern I'm afraid m not skilled enough for that yet.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much time do we have on this swap? Thinking i would like to do it but between orders and fishing Utah/Wyoming for 10 days next month not sure if I will have the time over the next month.
I think about a month or so should give everyone enough time. Once we get it filled.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think he was saying tie 12 same of your own pattern that you have luck with ... so maybe a one off clouser pattern? Something simple but often effective...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
I'm in. I will tie a modified EP spawning shrimp pattern that has worked well for me in West G bay on redfish. I will start tying them tonight or tomorrow so they are ready. Donovan, I can just bring them to you if you are hosting or we can go fish and I'll give them to you then.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, capped at 12 people so you are tying 11 of the same pattern and sending them to me, and then I distribute them back to everyone.

Reactions: flyclimber

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So everyone’s agreeing on a redfish pattern?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 86 Posts