Fly Swap -- Redfish Flies

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by bryson, Aug 18, 2017.

1. E-money

E-money Well-Known Member

Let's put up another vote on it if we can. The Florida guys who are impacted will have more important things to worry about once getting home and may not have time to tie. I'm good either way. I would love for everyone to be able to still participate but I remember how much work was needed after the flooding here last year. I'm also good with my fly being sent to those who can't participate regardless of whether or not they can get theirs tied.

And obviously all this goes for those affected by Harvey in Texas too.

bryson likes this.
  2. bryson

bryson I Love microskiff.com!

I agree. I'm fine with either way -- I would love to get everyone's flies in, but 100% understand if it's just not in the cards.

Anyone affected, please let me know what you think. If an extended deadline will still let y'all participate, then we will do that. If you need to back out completely, I'm sure everyone understands.

3. Rick hambric

Rick hambric Well-Known Member

Push it back 2 weeks. There's more important things than flies.

bryson likes this.
  4. crboggs

crboggs I Love microskiff.com!

Push it back a week for now. We'll know more about power outages and service restoration in the next 24-36 hours...at least here in Tampa.

Mine are tied...just need to do a good job on the eyes and pop them in the mail once it starts running again.

MatthewAbbott and Rick hambric like this.
  5. WillW

WillW I Love microskiff.com!

I'm good for pushing it back if needed.

Rick hambric likes this.
  6. rakeel

rakeel I Love microskiff.com!

I too am good with pushing it back as needed. Even if we keep the same deadline the postal service may not even be delivering to certain folks in Florida by then anyways.

Rick hambric likes this.
  7. E-money

@bryson how about a picture of the flies that have made it to you if you get some time! I'd love to see a big ole pile of flies

bryson and Rick hambric like this.
  8. Rick hambric

@bryson how about show us a little teaser of what you have from everyone so far???

bryson and E-money like this.
  9. bryson

I'll get one this afternoon! Everything I've received so far looks awesome. Sorry I haven't given a confirmation to anyone that I've actually received them. I'll snap a few pictures and post up a list of whose have arrived.

WillW and E-money like this.
  10. rakeel

I still haven't knocked my last two out. I'll try and do that tonight and get them sent out tomorrow.

E-money likes this.
  11. bryson

Snapped some quick photos last night -- sorry if I didn't do your flies justice; these things look really good in person!

IMG_2729.JPG

Individual shots in the next post; I'm not sure how many pictures it will let me attach per post. :)

Pierson, Rick hambric and E-money like this.
  12. bryson

I also think it would be really cool if you guys wanted to give either a materials list, a short how-to, or a full blown SBS for your flies! Obviously not a requirement of the swap.

Anyway, here's what I've received so far:

@Pierson
    IMG_2722.JPG

@E-money
    IMG_2723.JPG

@MatthewAbbott -- plus he tied a few sweet EP baitfish; thanks man! What hook is that? I like the shape, and it's super sharp.
    IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

@mtoddsolomon
    IMG_2724.JPG

@WillW -- these things are awesome, but I only got 10 of them?
    IMG_2720.JPG

@bryson
    IMG_2726.JPG

not2shabby, rakeel, Pierson and 3 others like this.
  13. E-money

14. bryson

Yeah man, these are some great ties! Sorry, I think the pictures of yours and Matt's are the most out of focus. I'm really excited to get these in everyone else's hands!

15. mtoddsolomon

mtoddsolomon Lip Ripper

They all look awesome! I'm excited to try some of these out, I wanted to throw some of these in the tourney this weekend. Looks like i'm going to have to copy some of these.

E-money and bryson like this.
  16. rakeel

Man those look great. I'd love to see a materials list or SBS on all of these as well. Sorry for not getting mine in sooner guys. I'll for sure get my last two spun up tonight and will take some pics for an SBS. I'll send some extra goodies your way as well @bryson

bryson likes this.
  17. bryson

Also just realized that we never made a post (and I never changed the first post) to push the deadline back a week. Try to get them to me by next Friday, Sept. 22. If anyone thinks they will need more time than that, please let me know. As was mentioned before -- lots of people have far more pressing things than flies to deal with right now.

rakeel and Rick hambric like this.
  18. Rick hambric

Guess I'll starts the list of materials... #1 mustad c70sd, peach strung marabou, 4pcs black Krystal flash, 4-6pcs root beer midge flash, pearl/black crazy legs, opal root beer estaz grande, 1/8" lead eyes. 30# mason weedguard. 210 flat waxed thread chartreuse. I also tie them from a #2 up to a 1/0. @bryson you should receive a package today.

bryson likes this.
  19. Rick hambric

@mtoddsolomon i reallly like that fuzzy critter with the blue hair! What is that??

20. E-money

Mine were 1/0 gamakatsu sl12s hooks, 210 flat wax in tan, 1/30 lead eyes, white ep fiber, gold angel hair flash, coyote ep foxy brush 3", white deer belly hair, brown sharpie.

Rick hambric likes this.