Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the pandemic to organize my garage and gear and have numerous items available for purchase. These items have exceptional fish catching Karma and some have been used from New Jersey to Brazil and over to the West thru the years.

I will list them here with a price and general description. My Pictures were not loading but please send me a DM and I will forward whatever you would like to see.

I will ship anything that is not a rod for $10.00. If you buy a rod I will ship that for $30.00. I won't ship international. If you buy more than one item I will consolidate shipping as best I can. Venmo, cash, PayPal, and pick ups at my home in South Miami or a mutually convenient socially distanced location are A OK.

I am not a store and all these items were purchased, used and owned by me and unless noted are in very good to exceptional condition. I don't do returns so ask away on any questions. In the case of the reels the line is free. If you want to use it use it, if you want to strip it off be my guest. I am listing here first and will update the list as things sell. Whatever is left next week goes on eBay. My goal is to pay this gear forward not to retire on the sale so it is priced to sell. Make your best offer and pick up some great gear. Most rods where matched to the reels so do yourself a favor and buy both.

If you have any questions or what a specific picture or detail please email me at [email protected] and I will do my best to accommodate. Here we go:

REELS

1. Curado DHSV Plug Reel: Exceptional condition 7.01 retrieve. Big P's in the Amazon, snook in the mangroves and Tarpon in the back country don't have a chance. Made in Japan. this is the one you want. ($200.00)

2. Curado 200 E7. Excellent Condition. Used in Freshwater only . Made in Japan. ($200.00)

3. Penn 650 SS. Battle Worn. Has crushed stripers, blues, bonita, maxi and too many sailfish to count from Montauk to Mexico. You may want to make a shrine of this reel and just rub it once in a while. Comes with a Free spool. ($50.00)

4. Penn 5500 SS. Picked up the pace when I retired the 650 SS. ($75.00)

5. Shimano Stradic 5000FG. Made in Japan the one with the teakwood handle. She works great but shows her age with a bit of discoloration and some scratches here and there. I think the FG stood for F*&King gorgeous. or maybe Fluid Gears. This one landed permit, poons, bones and sharks. If it swam on the flats it bowed down to this reel, its drag and its time on the skinny water master which I sold in December. Comes with a second spool and a ton of Karma (100.00)

6. Shimano Handle and spare parts. Multiple parts. The butterfly handles are loved by left handers (me) and those that just recognize cool. Be retro buy these or stock up if you still use them ($5.00)

GEAR

7. Orvis Sling Pack : three part pack that holds a ton of gear and has exterior areas for pliers and nippers and such. I've used this out west for trout, here for bass and P's and in the Bahamas for Bones. She holds gear and catches fish. Like New ($30.00)

8. Uniden Mystic VHS/GPS Radio w DSC: This is like new as I always kept it in a floating sports Xtreme bag when not he water. Unlike the new DSC's this is a FULLY FUNCTIONING GPS with greyscale maps. It's a great back up when you are deep in the glades and your GPS conks out on the boat. It comes with its manual, the floating bag, a charger and stand. If I can find the belt clip (no one uses that) and cigarette charger I will throw that in too. ($150.00)

9. BASS Collectors Rush Tango Lure (2000). This was issued to members of BASS in the year 2000 and is a cool wooden lure in a retro box. It was part of some contest and I've seen them sell on eBay for a bundle. I hate bay. I like you. But it now its very cool. Fish it or collect it. wood swim baits are now all the rage. ($15.00)

RODS

10. Sage Two Piece RPL Graphie III. 10 WT. There was a time when rods were two pieces and fishing fly didn't cost the same as buying a Ferrari. This is that rod. Vintage, Cool and equally well equipped to pull a Hawg out of the lilies as it is to take a Permit in the Marquesa. If I can find my 2 piece case I will include that too. ($350.00)

11. Fenwick Seahawk. SSG 708 M. 1/2 to 1.5 oz. 10-30 LB line. Heavy Power. Moderate action. Spinning Rod. Tarpon and inshore sharks quiver at her name. Dolphin on the occasional offshore bite feared her. Rod is free. Karma on the rod ($75.00)

12. Penn Power Stick 7 foot graphite spinning rod with Gimbal. This rod caught so many sailfish when I was in the Rod & Reel club and back in the early days of team Get Lit I kept it around long after I discovered the fly rod and left that world behind. It was a special friend from New Jersey to Bug Light and down into Cozemel. She never let me down. ($50.00)

13. St. Croix Mojo Bass 6'8'' medium spinning rod with an extra fast action. 6-12 lb line 3/16 to 5/8 lures. Model # is MBS68MXF. They named the rod right it is one badd MF with a bit of XF mixed in. This rod was used primarily to slay everglades Bass and P's but was known to knock down the occasional Freshie poon and snook when they happened to wander by. ($75.00)

14. Rapala Tournament Class HM 45 7' 6" spinning rod. 1/4 to 3/4 oz 6 to 12 lb test. Who knew a lure maker could turn out some very good rods. This one was light, tough and cast a mile. No inshore fish was safe. Ever. ($50.00)

15. Custom CCA IM8 Graphite 7' Medium Plug Rod 1/8 to 5/8 rod. This plug rod was custom made for the CCA. I bought her at auction and fell in love with her action and diamond grips. She's a real beauty whether casting to a snook in the mangroves or a wiffle jig to a bone in the flats. She is a one of a kind and I am a fool to let her go ($75.00)

16. Falcon CC8 166H 6'6'' Heavy Action Plug Rod. The Peacock Bass Special. And special she is. MADE IN THE USA I brought her to the Amazon 14 years ago and we were looking for the monsters. Thereafter she came up to Miami and was ready for battle snook or tarpon. I never used her this way but she would probably be a great meat stick on the shallow reefs along the coast. Her custom peacock wraps and fish in the trims are a site to see. Goes Great with either Shimano Plug Reel above. ($150.00)

17. Falcon Expert EC 610H 6'10'' 12-25 lb test 1/4-3/4 MADE IN USA Plug Rod. This is the finest rod Falcon makes. Sleek, non nonsense lure casting fish catching tools. Perfect for snook, Big HawGs in Lake O, and Poons in the back country she will take a fish over backwards and have them beg for mercy. ($150.00)

18. Falcon Expert EC 69 L 6-15 lb test 1/16 to 3/8 lure MADE IN USA Plug Rod. This is the finest rod that Falcon makes for its most unique application. Are you in a fishing club? Want to win with some unusual catches? the ultra sensitive tip allows you to fling wiffle jigs and light beetle spins to rack up the points on bonefish, ciclids, and any other fish that needs a delicate presentation usually left for a 5 wt fly rod. Its a gas. ($150.00)

I am not sure why I can't get most of the photos to load so please DM me on anything you need and I will forward what I can or retake them tomorrow in the light of day.

Tight lines and stay healthy!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stradic and St. Croix Rod are gone. Some exceptional items are left. Reasonable offers accepted. Thanks for being a great resource.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have some items for sale and will be relisting them on the FLorida Sportsman Forum before the remainder go to bay. Shop local!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts