SOLD/EXPIRED Fly Shop manager in Orvis shop

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by nativejax, Sep 11, 2010.

1. nativejax

nativejax Well-Known Member

Fly Fishing Manager

Position Profile
    Seeking fly fishing manager for large outdoor store in Ocala Florida. Individual will report directly to the store manager. The 10,000 sq. ft. store is a platinum Orvis dealer with a large fly fishing department that needs strong leadership.

Qualifications

•Manager will be responsible for inventory, classes and set up of fly fishing schools as well as guide service.
    •Must be knowledgeable of fly fishing product plus be a good salesperson
    Contact Information
    Contact Trenton Comer at 813-478-1770 | Email: tcomer@unitedamericanrealty.com or
    Troy Vernon at 352-552-2905.

Thank you in advance for your interest in this position.

2. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

If it was local I would totally go for this! Right up my ally.

3. DSampiero

DSampiero working for the rewards...

On it, e-mail sent.

4. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Thank you for posting it here. I forwarded it to an excellent candidate.

5. tailingbone

tailingbone Well-Known Member

That's over a year old...there's a reason it hasn't been filled.

Also don't call Troy...he hasn't been with the company in over a year either.

6. nativejax

nativejax Well-Known Member

It is actually a position that was open at one time over a year ago, yes. The position is now open again.

Thank you

7. billhempel

billhempel Well-Known Member

If I'm right, that store has a woman manager. Was in the store a month ago and observed her "managing" an old man. I don't believe I would even bother. Also appeared to be a new shopping center, but looked like the place was pretty dead.

8. fishnride883

fishnride883 I Love microskiff.com!

This post was from 2010...... :-?

9. DSampiero

DSampiero working for the rewards...

Thanks for the update ByFly. This was one of the weirdest postings ever on the boards. Coporate Fly shops, don't really fit the fly fishing niche'

10. Rooster

Rooster Towee Calusa

I worked in an Orvis for about a year - same situation; lady Manager that totally harassed the Fly Fishing Manager until he left.

11. billhempel

billhempel Well-Known Member

Every Orvis franchise in Florida I've ever been in in over thirty five years has failed or is a mere shadow of its opening self. Orvis wants a huge piece of your gross and dictates. The south South is not a favorable Orvis home.

12. permitchaser

permitchaser I Love Skinny Water

I applied to the same job in Atlanta and the pay was $30k a year

13. Backwater

Backwater Fly Fishing Shaman

I think this ad was for Flint Creek Outfitters, which bombed out in Tampa and made a dumb move by moving into the Dade City, Fl area with little fly fishing going on, but because Jim Swann has so many people take a road trip to his shop (Swann's Fly Fishing Outfitters) since he's been there for like, ever, they (Flint Creek) decided they would play the CVS vs Walgreens trick, but they are failing there too. Guess Ocala is not working out so good either for them.