Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pondering a move to the Holy City area. My daughter goes to C of C and we like the area a lot. Thus far I've fished from shore; Breach, IOP, Folly etc. I have 7, 8 and 9 weights but wondering if there is any need for a heavier rod, 10 or 11 weight? I'll have a small boat, 18' but nothing I can go offshore with. Anything inshore that would require heavier than a 9?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Pondering a move to the Holy City area. My daughter goes to C of C and we like the area a lot. Thus far I've fished from shore; Breach, IOP, Folly etc. I have 7, 8 and 9 weights but wondering if there is any need for a heavier rod, 10 or 11 weight? I'll have a small boat, 18' but nothing I can go offshore with. Anything inshore that would require heavier than a 9?
Only if you want to throw at Jacks tailing in the harbor or bull redfish. I think an 8 and 10 weight setup are perfect for Charleston.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only if you want to throw at Jacks tailing in the harbor or bull redfish. I think an 8 and 10 weight setup are perfect for Charleston.
Just what I need to know. Next to tarpon jacks are my favorite target. I've got a couple over 20# on my 9, but I was wishing I had more! Always nice to justify another rod :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
think you've got you're bases well covered with your current arsenal. Having said that, always awesome to look at another rod.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,244 Posts
Cobia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts