Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have and ideas for fly rod tube holders on a skiff. Permanently mounted is ok.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I leave then in the tubes sometimes and they always roll around. Looking to mount straps or clips to hold the tubes themselves.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
There's a gap between my center console and the cooler mounted in front of it.... I find it's perfect for folks that bring rod tubes with them instead of assembling the rods before they come to the dock... I much prefer assembled gear in the proper horizontal rod holders - ready to go - instead of rods still in their shipping tubes, but I know that many anglers bring extra gear "in case" and some days more than one rod will go home in more pieces than it started out with....

·
I Love microskiff.com!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not for skiff. It's an alumacraft 1546. I'm not always fishing but like to bring rods with me. Assembled gear gets in the way. No real rod holders in a metal boat.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good idea there. I'll be adding rod tubes as well. Just looking for options to carry when I'm not fishing. I use it for duck hunting but will fish later in the afternoon so assembled is not ideal.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A quick inexpensive solution may be to find some square pvc tubing. I picked up a square rod storage tube somewhere years and years ago. I use it to hold my cheap 4pc car rod that I have safely hidden under my seat. I use that rod holder because it doesn't roll around. It looks like this stuff in the link below, but it is black pvc. I would bet you could find the right stuff plus some caps with a little Google surfing.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Amerimax-Traditional-120-in-White-Vinyl-Downspout/1000244675

1 - 13 of 13 Posts