Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How are you guys storing your rods at home when not in the boat? You guys like the vertical or horizontal racks more? Let me see some pics of your setups if you got them! I saw the old thread, but it didn't have much in the way of pics, so just checking to see if there are anymore out there.

Thanks!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
565 Posts
I hang on 2 horizontal wood bars strung from the ceiling. I put some notches for butts and tips. Eye screws in ceiling and bars and some paracord attaching them so it hangs about a foot from the ceiling. Super cheap. Hung about 7.5 feet apart. Gets them out of my way in a tight storage shed with no wall room and easy to put up and take down (from someone who fishes daily).

·
Brandon, FL
10,927 Posts
X2^

But put them above where the garage door goes so they can't be seen when the door is open.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I built a vertical, rolling case, with an offset for my bucket and wading boots. if I new how to post pictures I would. Feel free to send a DM with your mobile # and I can text you some pics.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,244 Posts
I hang on 2 horizontal wood bars strung from the ceiling. I put some notches for butts and tips. Eye screws in ceiling and bars and some paracord attaching them so it hangs about a foot from the ceiling. Super cheap. Hung about 7.5 feet apart. Gets them out of my way in a tight storage shed with no wall room and easy to put up and take down (from someone who fishes daily).
Same for me except I used PVC pipe with pipe insulation. That's where my spares go, the ones I use regularly are here:
IMG_0806.JPG

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,210 Posts
9F76ABC5-41BF-4A0F-B902-76B590F485A9.jpeg
041A55D2-4F93-4CEE-8D4C-3ED796CF14A9.jpeg
5D17BD82-5032-4687-B20D-56FB00CB4029.jpeg
Horizontal for me. For the pegs I opted to get copper tubing from Home Depot and splatter it with a very dry miracle grow/water mix then let it dry to prematurely age it. To ensure I wouldn’t get the Patina on the rods I sleeved the peg with clear vinyl tubing. Capped of with a raw copper tubing cap.

The extra details and no rods on the floor any more keep the wife happy.

Rod in the middle looks really un supported but it’s a really soft action fiberglass rod FYI.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,523 Posts
I bought some cheapo plastic rod racks with foam insert from Academy and have it mounted vertical on a wall in my fish room in the garage.

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,044 Posts
I built a horizontal holder.

Tarpon inlay on the inside. Redfish tail on the outsides

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Is anyone concerned about keeping all this gear in the garage in Texas with heat and humidity?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Frequently used rods are hanging from the ceiling in the racks I got on EBay
013964A7-862D-4E59-A345-C4F4700B6343.jpeg

Others are in their tubes in this rack I made:
028D91CF-6563-4F11-8EF7-1149E8D11506.jpeg

·
Registered
653 Posts
.. my downstairs fly tying, weight lifting, bullet loading room;)
Awesome! But don't you think that each of those activities deserves its own room??? Tell the woman it's time to consolidate her shoes, crafts, and pantry so you've got more room for your stuff! :D

·
Banned
1,441 Posts
Spent shot gun shell makes a pretty trick hanger as well. Ive also used the brass as screw head covers , spent primers as well

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,062 Posts
Awesome! But don't you think that each of those activities deserves its own room??? Tell the woman it's time to consolidate her shoes, crafts, and pantry so you've got more room for your stuff! :D
I have 2 finished rooms in the downstairs daylight basement the 2 stories above are mostly for she who must.......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts