Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,295 Posts
Great job by Huge Flyfisherman. He covered the most disruptive things people do on skiffs. My personal worst is bringing your entire fly fishing collection stuffed in a giant gear bag.

I generally do not launch a skiff until the friends/clients arrive. This goes a long way towards minimizing gear transfer accidents and gives me time to advise and ask what they are thinking about loading from the back of the SUV into the assigned one hatch space. The best clients just show up with suitable clothing, a good attitude, reasonable ability to maintain balance, and decent fly casting/line management skill. No gear needed.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,277 Posts
Great job by Huge Flyfisherman. He covered the most disruptive things people do on skiffs. My personal worst is bringing your entire fly fishing collection stuffed in a giant gear bag.

I generally do not launch a skiff until the friends/clients arrive. This goes a long way towards minimizing gear transfer accidents and gives me time to advise and ask what they are thinking about loading into the assigned one hatch space. The best clients just show up with suitable clothing, a good attitude, reasonable ability to maintain balance, and decent fly casting/line management skill. No gear needed.
REASONABLE ABILITY TO MAINTAIN BALANCE o_O

·
Registered
508 Posts
When you take a friend and he assures you he knows how to flyfish, and then proceeds to highstick a slot red, and then breaks your rod. ‍♀

1 - 20 of 93 Posts