Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have a simple setup that’s removable for your skiffs? I’m wanting to go with LEDs and battery setup.

The wife likes to go and it’s much easier and more convenient to keep her in the boat.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Yes. Two lites ,facing down .can still drop TM Use for bow fishing gar & skates as well
Just a board machined to attach to bow cleats. Lites on ends. Just long enough for lites to clear gunnels. Mite make a wider spread when i re do it at somepoint

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
784 Posts
Links to something that connects to a TM puck? Interested in getting a setup on my skiff that’s easy to deal w

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Links to something that connects to a TM puck? Interested in getting a setup on my skiff that’s easy to deal w
I don’t think I’ve seen anything that mounts to a tm puck. Maybe find a used broken tm and modify the base plate? Fabing up an aluminum bracket shouldn’t be too difficult though.

Good idea if your setup for it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m more leaning towards making a bracket of sorts to mount to my casting platform. I’d put it as far forward on my deck as possible and hopefully not get too much glare off the deck.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,312 Posts
I’m more leaning towards making a bracket of sorts to mount to my casting platform. I’d put it as far forward on my deck as possible and hopefully not get too much glare off the deck.
This would work as well. I thought about making a starboard plate with recessed areas for the casting platform feet, a hole in the middle for the Kenedy tie down eye/turnbuckle and a starboard battery box for my trolling motor battery so I can remove the trolling motor and battery when I don’t need it. Eliminates holes through the deck. You could adapt a bracket to this for the light rack assembly. I can draw something up for you if you’d like.
I bet Anytide could fab something up along these lines...
http://shallowwatersolutions.com/

·
Registered
334 Posts
I made a pretty cheap setup with Jerry’s LED. It works pretty good. All you need is some PVC, c-clamps, and stainless hose clamps. A little imagination helps too. Not sure if I have a pic but I’ll check.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
580 Posts
I made one for a minn Kota puck. Used a spare piece of 2x8. Cut the 2x to about 18 inches. Placed that on the puck, then traced out the puck shape on the underside. Router out the shape while being careful to have the depth set correctly. After checking for a good fit, drill out your holes for the minn Kota keeper prongs. I then drilled about a 3” hole in the part of the 2x that extends past the bow. I installed a rubber gasket & toilet fitting in that hole. The gasket/fitting holds about a five foot long 2” piece of pvc pipe. My light is mounted on the bottom of that pvc pipe. The whole setup would be better with a light on top. The top light would help the guy poling spot fish better

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the responses guys. I’ve decided to just go with handheld walking lights. I’ll probably have to help the wife pick up her first few flounder she gigs but it’ll be ok.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,312 Posts
Thanks for all the responses guys. I’ve decided to just go with handheld walking lights. I’ll probably have to help the wife pick up her first few flounder she gigs but it’ll be ok.
Use 1/4” stainless all thread for your gig prongs and you won’t be having to put your hand under their belly.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Use 1/4” stainless all thread for your gig prongs and you won’t be having to put your hand under their belly.
I’m going to have some made that are aluminum rod with a stringer attached. I’ve used them before and they are pretty slick and easy to use. You still have to kinda get under them but it’s easier with the attached stringer.

I do have a gig that’s stainless with about a 7” stainless bolt but it’s heavier than I like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts