Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at putting LED flounder gigging lights on my skiff. So me how yours are rigged up and how you attach them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ive been gigging for 30+ years.Dammit I’m old!!! Tried em all and Swamp eyes are incredible. Definitely worth the $! Don’t have pics of my weekender set up but it’s basically an 18” long 1x6 on the bow in port-starboard orientation. Temporarily fastened with a few c clamps under the rub rail. Popped a hole in it,ran some conduit down to the light. Drilled a few holes in the top w/ a qr bolt to adjust/raise the light. It’s directional,flexible just in case and no holes in my seadek! If your ok w/ drilling holes there are much better ways to mount their lights. There’s a guy in my area that has 2 swamp eyes/2 blue tops on a SUP that crushes em! Whatever works for u!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive been gigging for 30+ years.Dammit I’m old!!! Tried em all and Swamp eyes are incredible. Definitely worth the $! Don’t have pics of my weekender set up but it’s basically an 18” long 1x6 on the bow in port-starboard orientation. Temporarily fastened with a few c clamps under the rub rail. Popped a hole in it,ran some conduit down to the light. Drilled a few holes in the top w/ a qr bolt to adjust/raise the light. It’s directional,flexible just in case and no holes in my seadek! If your ok w/ drilling holes there are much better ways to mount their lights. There’s a guy in my area that has 2 swamp eyes/2 blue tops on a SUP that crushes em! Whatever works for u! View attachment 168790

I've seen some SUPs around here that mount their swamp eyes to the bottom with heavy duty suction cups. Not a bad way to go gigging at all, can drop it in just about anywhere. I personally just go from an an aluminum jon boat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts